• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picture of Float bowl update

Monster Max

Extreme
Just wondering if anyone has a picture comparing the float bowls. Trying to see if this 03 I bought has been done. Last year it was cutting out on the hills if I went up slow, just fine at full throttle.

Thanks

The new float bowls are just deeper. You'd almost have to look at two sleds to tell the difference. I sold my stock float bowls so I am not in a position to measure the difference for you, sorry.
Even if you have the stock bowl I think its www.thunderproducts.com that have longer main jets that you can use that do pretty much the same thing. They are pretty cheap too.

Good luck

Frosty

Does the 04 have updated bowls or was it the 03's that just needed them?

The old one is in my hand, the updated ones are on the carbs. Not too much different, you have to look close.

Attachments

• 100_6282.JPG
    100_6282.JPG
    494.2 KB · Views: 253
Ok, I confirmed that I have the updated bowls. However last winter it would die on inclines if I wasn't full throttle. When they change the bowls, is there any change to the float height?

The jet holders are longer and they are o-ring sealed into the bowl. Big improvment. ===SRXSRULE===

I installed the update kit myself, it is a single part number that comes with the tubes and bowls. I can't believe you would have the new bowls and not the tubes.

If you don't have the update, contact a dealer and have them get you the kit. I couldn't get the kit from my dealer, they said they didn't know anything about it. I got it from a guy on Snowest that worked at a dealer in Iowa, or somewhere near there. All I paidwas the shipping to me.

If you need the part number, I can get it, I noticed the old bowl that I took the picture of was in the bag with the part #.

this weekend we were out on a hill on my dads rx1 and it would kind of gurgle when it got to 9000 rpms and then if you let off the throttle it would be fine then if you got it back up to 9000 rpms it would gurgle out whats the problem also how many rpms should this sled pull on climbs

does anyone have any ideas why it was gurgling and flooding out

Attachments

• PC010081.JPG
    PC010081.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 179
  • PC010082.JPG
    PC010082.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 174

Back