• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picture of Front of SnoX sleds

Cool looking steering setup on the factory sleds also, definately much different than production. Looks to make the steering post turn at a much more upright angle, unlike the steep up and down arc of production Nytro's. That would be a nice change in the future.

yeah that is definatly a polaris rear skid outta an IQR race sled. Looks identical to mine...maybe they listened when I said they should just copy it haha. So have they abandoned the yamaha development program and switched to the poserlaris team? LaLaLa

The bottom line is the reason they arent winning is weight distribution and balance, still needs to be ironed out how to offset the heavier 4 stroke mill.

100_2010.jpg

Pol_1-1.jpg

Anybody ever try to switch there Nytro skid to the Polaris or Doo. If so How different was it from the RTX. Lighter? Handle more abuse? Way different ride? More durable?
As far as the front, and besides the aluminum mount; I wonder if the steering is more like a mountain kit. Where you get more angle/degree of turn?

I dont understand why if they get another skid in the sled they do not get a Lynx PPS skid in there.. Damn that thing can handle the rough stuff...

Anybody ever try to switch there Nytro skid to the Polaris or Doo. If so How different was it from the RTX. Lighter? Handle more abuse? Way different ride? More durable?

If you were going to swap in another skid I would definatly go with the polaris iqr (race) skid. I don't know of any skid out there that can stand up to the sort of abuse the iqr can. The issue is unless you are jumping big stuff you will find the ride way too harsh. The iq skid has a springless nitrogen fts and no bogey wheels aside from the rear axle (stock). I would estimate its around the same weight as the rtx skid but farrrrr beefier.

The doo xp skid has as many or more durability issues then the nytro skid so I would not go that route.

I dont understand why if they get another skid in the sled they do not get a Lynx PPS skid in there.. Damn that thing can handle the rough stuff...

I think the main reason is they don't have those in the u.s, polaris parts are far easier to come by as there are tons of other teams at each race.

A little confused !!! how about the R&D for our future sleds???

Yeah i'm surprised no yammy loyals have chimed in here to do some dammage control. I would like to know if they have dreamed up a great excuse as to why they are running a polaris skid...

This kinda contridicts the whole "its a development program trying to design and test new components to benefit the consumer" concept. On the bright side looks like they are making some progress on a legitimate front end/subframe.

I want some royalties from yamaha since their sled looks an aweful lot like my redesign a few months back hhahah!

sedz said:
Yeah i'm surprised no yammy loyals have chimed in here to do some dammage control. I would like to know if they have dreamed up a great excuse as to why they are running a polaris skid...

This kinda contridicts the whole "its a development program trying to design and test new components to benefit the consumer" concept. On the bright side looks like they are making some progress on a legitimate front end/subframe.

I want some royalties from yamaha since their sled looks an aweful lot like my redesign a few months back hhahah!

I would assume that the Polaris rear is a stop-gap while the engineers are working on an updated Yamaha skid. Of course I have no proof of that but I would also be very surprised if none of it is true.

Maybe it's the Polaris rails with mods to the geometry???

It is an open class sled....

Oh, the Phazer RTX suspension shows some similarities........

Attachments

• 10_PhazerRTX_D8_d75b36dc.jpg
    10_PhazerRTX_D8_d75b36dc.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 101

I think the main reason is they don't have those in the u.s, polaris parts are far easier to come by as there are tons of other teams at each race. [/quote]

I could see that but still, there should be NO problem shipping a few skids over the pond...

Here is a pic of the famous PPS (Pauli Piipola Suspension)

http://www.brpscandinavia.com/web/index.php?id=3128

Kråkan said:

I think the main reason is they don't have those in the u.s, polaris parts are far easier to come by as there are tons of other teams at each race.

I could see that but still, there should be NO problem shipping a few skids over the pond...

Here is a pic of the famous PPS (Pauli Piipola Suspension)

http://www.brpscandinavia.com/web/index.php?id=3128[/QUOTE]DAMN CANT READ THAT WEBSITE HAHA

Back