• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picture of Front of SnoX sleds

Do these skids fit right into the nytro tunnel with a little drilling, or is there space problems? Also are they able to run the stock track off a Nytro? The IQ idea has me doing a little thinking :hide: .
Didn't know how much hatchet work, and how many replacements it would take?
:drink: :drink: :bling :drink: :drink:

Alatalo said:
foe said:
Also heard that Malonoski who is on a SkiDoo this year is running the Yamaha rear skid.
Interesting...Based on my own measurements, my conclusion is that the current Yamaha skid is very similar to the SC4 skid. And most of the time Malinoski raced the Yamaha with a Ski-Doo SC4 skid...

interesting though.. is that the skid in the 88 Yamaha Phazer I had way back when looked almost identical to the SC-10 in my brothers 2000 Doo. The SC-10 was the starting point to what we now know as the SC-4. Then Yamaha decided to go to the Proaction after which was a big mistake. I don't get why Yamaha wouldn't work on fine tuning their own skid on the track. I really liked the skid in my 08 Nytro.

sheetwright said:
Do these skids fit right into the nytro tunnel with a little drilling, or is there space problems? Also are they able to run the stock track off a Nytro? The IQ idea has me doing a little thinking :hide: .
Didn't know how much hatchet work, and how many replacements it would take?
:drink: :drink: :bling :drink: :drink:

It is a 121" skid. They also have 136" skids.

NB-NYTRO said:
Alatalo said:
foe said:
Also heard that Malonoski who is on a SkiDoo this year is running the Yamaha rear skid.
Interesting...Based on my own measurements, my conclusion is that the current Yamaha skid is very similar to the SC4 skid. And most of the time Malinoski raced the Yamaha with a Ski-Doo SC4 skid...

I don't get why Yamaha wouldn't work on fine tuning their own skid on the track. I really liked the skid in my 08 Nytro.

What works on the trail doesn't always work on the track. The yamaha nytro skid is no where near durable enough to be competitive in pro snocross. Its much harder then one would think to design a rear skid that can handle the abuse and ride with predictable performance, there is alot more engineering then one would assume.

I don't know if the nytro geometry is flawed or the components are weak but whenever I have landed harsh i have bent the rear scissor arm on the skid. Tensioners seem to blow out if you even think about landing hard :o| . I'm willing to be the race team runs into the same sort of problems on their race skids if they are based on the production design...pure speculation though.

Bolting a IQR (race) skid into the nytro could take more work and careful planning then you would think. The skid has a very agressive attack angle compared to trail skids so positioning it may be tough. It will rob top end speed but if you are into seriously rough trails it will make life a lot better. Also don't plan on riding with stock valving on one of these skids, they are wayyyyy too stiff for trail riding. On the softest settings possible i likely only ever use about 15% of the travel on this skid on trails.

sedz said:
NB-NYTRO said:
Alatalo said:
foe said:

I don't get why Yamaha wouldn't work on fine tuning their own skid on the track. I really liked the skid in my 08 Nytro.

What works on the trail doesn't always work on the track. The yamaha nytro skid is no where near durable enough to be competitive in pro snocross. Its much harder then one would think to design a rear skid that can handle the abuse and ride with predictable performance, there is alot more engineering then one would assume.

I don't know if the nytro geometry is flawed or the components are weak but whenever I have landed harsh i have bent the rear scissor arm on the skid. Tensioners seem to blow out if you even think about landing hard :o| . I'm willing to be the race team runs into the same sort of problems on their race skids if they are based on the production design...pure speculation though.

Bolting a IQR (race) skid into the nytro could take more work and careful planning then you would think. The skid has a very agressive attack angle compared to trail skids so positioning it may be tough. It will rob top end speed but if you are into seriously rough trails it will make life a lot better. Also don't plan on riding with stock valving on one of these skids, they are wayyyyy too stiff for trail riding. On the softest settings possible i likely only ever use about 15% of the travel on this skid on trails.

Big Fender washers on the Back tensioner nuts realy does wonders in keeping them from breaking. Team Yamaha's old suspension guy told me thats what they used to do. Have not broke a set on my sled this year after doing that

It seems like Yamaha is never to worried about their snowx..They've only had one big name rider in my life and that was Robbie Malonoski..and i had never even heard of him til he won in duluth

Yamaha is plenty intelligent to design there own equipment. It does resemble a Poo skid & if it in fact is I agree with a previous poster here in that is in fact probably a stop gap measure until they get the one they want out. Yamaha is not a company that is easily influenced by what is going on around them & this is what so often makes them a leader in the end. They may not consistantly be on the podium now but I believe it'll become more common in the future. They did it with dirt bikes when they went to 4 strokes & everyone thought they were nuts & they'll do it in the future with sleds. Not a "loyal" post either, just what I believe.

Theres how many guesses on this thread about what skid that is? Out of the realm of possibility that it's just something that looks similar? Slowcross is mostly rider. Look at Tucker. He's a freak of nature. From watching him race you'd think that the Cat sled is head and shoulders above every sled out there, including Poo. The reality is that he's just very good. If you put Tucker on a Nytro and let him practice with it, he'd probably have the much the same results.

It also has very little bearing on trail or rough trail sleds. Ever ride a snowcross setup on the trail? It's aweful, trust me. Yes R&D can be learned from the snowcross track but it's not always directly applied.

And BTW they did just garner some great finishes. Not to mention that Robbie is actually in many ways doing WORSE than he did on the Yammie.

Supertrax mag had a little section on how they speculate that the big 4 will pull some money out of snowcross and drop it in the uscc because it's more closely related to how we ride. i enjoy snowcross racing, (any racing for that matter), but i never understood why there was so much money wrapped up in it for the simple facts tht as much as we all think we are, we ain't jumping 70-100 foot gaps on the trails. cross country seams more like the "spirited rides" you might go on.

I have heard the sames things and Now we have some talented riders coming into CC Yamaha just had a 1-2 Finnish in semi-pro open in Munising. Stuff is coming along the Phazer is winning races in the USCC as well, I have had a tough year but the sled is great. XC racing is where the future will be I believe I switched from Snox this year after racing Snox for 6 years. i am throughly enjoying racing for Yamaha and riding the 4 stokes in XC.

Back