• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picture of Front of SnoX sleds

Blue 4's Rule said:
Yamaha is plenty intelligent to design there own equipment. It does resemble a Poo skid & if it in fact is I agree with a previous poster here in that is in fact probably a stop gap measure until they get the one they want out.

It is definatly 100% a polaris skid, exact same skid thats in my iqr. They are not running walker evans shocks though.

I will agree this is likely a stop gap measure but it seems a little late in the season for them to be reworking their skid.

I will agree that robbie malinoski had a rough year last season but that is mainly due to riding a piece of junk xp. They made some improvements for this year but those xp rs's are still brutal.

To clarify are u referring to haydens finishes? those were the csra circuit not the isoc...hayden used to demolish everyone in csra a few years back so its not surprising. It is still nice to see yamahas in contention.

I will agree that they are putting more focus on the cross country races...the one problem with it is its not as good of a setup for spectators. It seems like a good form of racing to get into with snocross expenses being through the roof and there is not the same talent depth yet. People that sled can relate to cross country because until you have put laps in on a snocross track first hand you really cant appreciate it. I wouldnt undermine the skill it takes to 'slowcross' because they come into cross country and generally walk all over everyone at their own ball game.

As for the mx comparison I agree with the outlook but i think it will be a far slower takeover process for snocross. In mx they are only dealing with the extra 4s weight of 1 cylinder.

after owning two doos with the sc-4 for years, i cant for the life of me figure out why people think its a good skid to swap in?? Skid took more of my money then the mono did.

Maxout01 said:
after owning two doos with the sc-4 for years, i cant for the life of me figure out why people think its a good skid to swap in??
...???

Actually, the Dual Shock skid is nothing but a blueprint of the Ski-Doo SC-4 skid...
Swingarm mounting points, lengths, linkage geometries as well as shock absorber lengths and strokes are very similar...

walty said:
anyone finaly installed a sc-4 in the 121" fx nytro
any specs or "knowing what need to be done" to fit this skid

i believe nick1945 has sc4 in a 06 nytro and swears by it but he never rode it with the stock suspension in it to compare.

Alatalo said:
Actually, the Dual Shock skid is nothing but a blueprint of the Ski-Doo SC-4 skid...
Swingarm mounting points, lengths, linkage geometries as well as shock absorber lengths and strokes are very similar...

I agree, the Nytro skid is very, very similar to the SC4. I don't think it would be worth the effort to swap one in since I don't see what would be gained? The stock front arm in a Nytro is weak but the stock SC4 front arm is not much different in design.

Back