• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pilot Skis ???????????

Pilots

This topic has been covered a lot so you might want to search it but I've got 5.7's on mine and would never be without again. You can get a complete conversion kit from Planet Powesports, 517-278-5557, for around $250. You won't be disappointed in the improved handling.

kotapug. They are listed for $239.99 U.S. in the 08 Ski-doo accessory catalog. It is the Pilot 5.7 upgrade kit and gives you everything you need for the Apex. The stopper is the right one and does not need to be trimmed as some have suggested. I just put 300 miles on my Apex with them and it feels like power steering in comparison to the stockers. I was able to get a discount with a dealer close to me and got them for $201.00 + tax. I run the studboy 6" shaper in the center and the 4" Ski-Doo carbide on the outside. The kit does give you four of the Ski-Doo carbides.

Pilots

I just ordered a conversion set of black with black pulls including shipping for $211.99. I spoke with Robert at SHS Powesports, who is a great help, and he informed they only have 7 pairs left. He doubt there will be any more available this year so order now if you want them.

Kaz said:
I purchased my pilots from SHS Motorsports in MI for $192 + shipping and everthing is there, just bolt on and go.

Here's the link to SHS http://www.shspowersports.com/eshopprod ... de_Kit.htm

I did the same deal.
I have 300 miles on my new Apex with the stockers even though I had the skis before I got the Apex. I wanted to get feel how it rode with the stock skis before I made the switch.

So far I love the pilots, easy steering with just the cheap carbides that came with them.

Have tried the Yamaha skis with 7.5" studboy shapers and shimmed, no darting, carve great, just more muscle to get them to turn compared to the doo's.

Also have some snow tracker extremes, which I haven't tried yet. Supertrax seemed to think there the cat's #*$&@. Will see.

Kaz

Back