• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

pioneer idler wheel kit

gun nut

Expert
I put this on another area, but thought I should start a new topic about it. I would like opinions on the Pioneer wheel kit that drops the idlers down, instead of using larger wheels.

I've only seen it mentioned once on this site.

Thoughts

Second year on the kit and no regrets. I believe spreading the load over the rails with two bolts is just..... better engineering. There is lots of guys running bigger wheels, and have had no issues. But there is also guys who say they have cracked the ear on the rails, from the additional load . Two ways of getting to the same point. Slider's last..... and no cracked rails. I also bought the new Yamaha wheels, with replaceable bearing while I was at it.

:jump:

Just got done installing this kit. I like the way the new brackets lock over the ridges in the slides. The whole idea looks to be to spread out the load a little bit.

I used them work well....sold the machine to user "Ding" he still owns it and can comment

I have both the Pioneer kit and SLP wear pads. My most recent set of slides lasted 12000 km. Prior to this, slides were lasting 500-1500 km.

You can't go wrong with kit and use your old wheels....went from bad slide wear, lucky to get 500 miles to now 3000 and a lot to go

Back