• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

pipe guards rattling

robertallen

i saw this on a earlier post but cant find it,how the heck do you get to the guards on the exguest pipes to cut them off i

are you talking about droping the skid?? arent they very hard to get back in?? can i get to it if i pull the seat off (if i can figure that out)

no you have to take the four rear bolts that hold the skid,leave the two front ones in.not that hard to put the bolts back in.i use a ratchet strap to get the last 2 bolts in.works every time

if you unhook the rear/bottom transfer rods bolts, the skid will not have pressure on it and it just bolts right in. No problem at all.

Red2003 said:
if you unhook the rear/bottom transfer rods bolts, the skid will not have pressure on it and it just bolts right in. No problem at all.

What he said ;)! Just take a die grinder and grind off the rivets holding them in place or just rip em out with pliers. Another possibility is your exhaust donuts where they connect to the four flex pipes under the gas tank when they start to wear the clamps get loose and rattle. If it's not rattling I wouldn't bother.

it is the front guards, if i just let them rattle will it be ok or will they fall off distroining everything in there path(track,heatexchanger) is yamaha doing anything

If they come loose from the back they will get caught up in the front of the tunnel real pain to get out. I did mine and I am probably the worlds worst mechanic four bolts and if you follow these guy's instructions no problems man. worst case take a ratchet tie down and use it to pull the holes into alignment to get back in. (make sure you put locktite on the bolts when reinstalling) ;)! If you have an extended warranty and a good dealer Yamaha may even cover it don't hurt to ask!

exh covers

mine ate one at speed crunch crunch and gone. no problem it just got spit out on the trail with no damage as there realy soft .

Back