• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Handguard Installation Help

Buckeye Rider

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Sidewinder XTX-LE 146
2023 Sidewinder LTX-LE EPS
Looking for a little help from the Yamaha gurus. I'm trying to install the Yamaha handguards on my 2022 XTX. There are no installation instructions included with these, so any help is appreciated. I think I have it figured out how the guards fit on the guard mounts. Although it looks like the center bar handle must be cut back to make room for the mount. Is this correct? From the pictures that I have been able find on the web shows the mounts next to the center bar clamp.

I believe you are correct, i bought a set of orange cat ones for my 21 riot x, and found out like you..looks like have to cut back by center strap to make it work, so mine are still new in package!!

I believe you are correct, i bought a set of orange cat ones for my 21 riot x, and found out like you..looks like have to cut back by center strap to make it work, so mine are still new in package!!
Thank you. That is where these may be staying also. Looks to be a very poor design for something that costs as much as it does. By the way I love your username!

I have the rox ones on our winders and had to trim the rubber on the center grab handle to fit them. Not a huge deal. Just use a sharp razor knife.

Did anyone figure out how to mount the Yamaha hand guards?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 2.22.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 2.22.38 PM.png
    879.7 KB · Views: 90
I’ve been using the powermadd ones from country cat they fit with no mods

I couldn’t bring my self to pay $80 for just the matching sticker

Back