• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Please Look.....and fix it before it happens to you!

Pull that POS aluminum piece out. If your worried about heat coming on to your boot area duct tape the lower holes where your boot is. Works great-3000km on it.

I was thinking about taking a piece of aluminum then drilling a few holes through the bottom of the aluminum plate and riveting it down if that makes sense.

Why bother? Leave it off. And check the clutching on that sled. That belt blew because of heat build up. That means the clutching is off. Unless you were doing a bunch of full throttle runs one right after another, the belt should be ok. I've never blown a belt on my Yammies. RX-1. Apex, Nytro. All are boosted.

A guy goes out and spends $11,000 on a new snowmobile, has an extended warranty, and YAMAHA and the dealer are still hosing him. WTF! What good is your warranty if you have to kick and scream to get anything half a$$ covered? Your warranty is only as good as your dealer! And since you just had it at the dealer 300 miles ago for the 500 mile service, they should be standing up for you and saying to YAMAHA, this sled has been properly maintained and damages need to be cover under waranty, including LABOR!

Good luck and if you need a stock secondary I have one I'd sell rather cheap being that I run the team! PM me if interested.

Thanks

Alatalo said:
I did never understand how this plate found it's way into this hardcore super snocross replica in the first place. If people are so damn worried about the left foot staying dry (and if they honestly manage to keep all other body parts dry during one ride...) - man, they are riding the wrong sled...Please, go get the Apex instead...

Okay? Because I want a dry foot I should own a APEX? Out of all of my snocross race sleds I've had, none of them soaked my feet so why should my "hardcore super snocross replica" soak my foot? Hardcore used very loosely!

so is that what nytro owners are doing????.....do i completely remove that wierd looking piece of aluminum on the bottom under the clutch?????...if this happens to me ill #*$&@!!!

so do we ALL take out that metal p.o.s?????, or does it HAVE TO BE THERE????????. what the hell does it do anyways??

thansk,

rob

my 08 didnt cum with it and i removed mine off my 09
its there to keep ur foot dry that was yamis fix to the wet foot problem.
just tape up the holes also theres one on the bulk head that lets snow in plug it with slicone

The problem here is with the belt construction. The 8DN belt is extremely hard and does have a tendency to come apart like that. A frequently observed issue with those belts is actually delamination -- the rubber on the outside of the cords will all flake off all the way around, and SUDDENLY. If it happens to catch on something, like this piece that is now bent, then I can see it shredding the belt and possibly causing damage to the sheaves. In most cases (but far from all), a belt that has delaminated can still be used, but I definitely wouldn't push one hard. I had a few of those belts delaminate on me before I switched to GATES belts -- bought two of them about 4 years ago, still running the first one.

There was nothing left of the blown belt. Myself along with Luke have had many blown belts. All that was left of that belt was the internal cords. How can Yamaha pay for the parts but not know what caused it? There was no rubber on the sheeves, the few chunks that was left of the belt looks even from side to side. If it's a poor belt construction wouldn't most people see this same issue on their belts? What is another belt that seems to solve this problem if it's the belt? The dealer should atleast check c to c and offset on the clutches. My $.02.

mudweiser said:
All that was left of that belt was the internal cords.
Typical
How can Yamaha pay for the parts but not know what caused it?
The belt blew due to being too hard.
There was no rubber on the sheeves,
Got wiped clean by the cords.
the few chunks that was left of the belt looks even from side to side.
Why wouldn't it be?
If it's a poor belt construction wouldn't most people see this same issue on their belts?
Lots do.
What is another belt that seems to solve this problem if it's the belt?
ANY belt can be blown up under the right conditions. That being said, Yamaha belts are very easy to blow. Any belt with SOFTER RUBBER will *probably* be better due to being more pliable. There are also some characteristics to look for in the replacement belt... 1) I don't like belts with the notches on the outside. Catch one of those notches on something -- for example, when the belt deflects during slow-down, and that can instantly delaminate it, and being delaminated can easily lead to an unwinding of the cord. 2) Be sure that there is some kind of woven fabric all the way to the outside edge of the belt -- none of the 1/8" thick chunk of non-reinforced rubber on the very outside. The woven fabric will help to hold it together if it happens to contact something. Remember that it isn't about looking fancy, it is about holding together. As I've mentioned, GATES belts have worked well *for me*, but keep in mind that I have a very different machine, and there is no guarantee that what is good for one is good for another.
The dealer should atleast check c to c and offset on the clutches. My $.02.
I think that kind of goes without saying when changing clutch faces...

scott32 said:
I say the blown belt hit the deflector and bent it up atfer. Not being the intial cause. Yamaha definately helped you out on this one.

X2 And 800 miles is not brand new. Not the sleds fault, yamahas, or the small aluminum plates fault. Who does that leave?

cwcsrx700 said:
scott32 said:
I say the blown belt hit the deflector and bent it up atfer. Not being the intial cause. Yamaha definately helped you out on this one.

X2 And 800 miles is not brand new. Not the sleds fault, yamahas, or the small aluminum plates fault. Who does that leave?

Ahh man come on...first off it's a poor design leaving a piece of aluminum unfastened in this area. Second off, it's all about keeping the customer happy or have we gotten away from this whole concept. I totally disagree with you about Yamaha helping me out with this....you spend this much money on a sled and of course they should take care of their customers.

Back