• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Plugs with ECP

eman

Veteran
I just put in a ecp and evac on my RX-1. It is set the 165 mains and air screws at 2 1/4 out. Due to the severe lack of snow I havent really ridden it yet just a little around the yard. Went to take it to a lake and have a very difficult time starting it, and on the lake it would not start. It backfired a few time but no go. When I got it home the 10ek plugs were black, clean them no help so I got a set of 9ek plugs and put them in it ran fine. Can I run these plugs without any problem?? I know hp is down a touch. I sucks to wreck a set of $30 plugs in a few miles. Too much starting and idling I guess.

One other thing I see people running the rubber engine cover with the ecp, Any reason for this??

-In deep snow conditions, it is nice to run the rubber over the air filters to prevent freeze ups and ice. You need to close down you pilot fuels screw to 1.75 to 2.0 turns open from a seated position. That is why you are taking out the plugs.

Freddie

I will change the screws Any issues with the 9 plugs vs the 10's. The sled would not run anymore with the 10's, fouled them out. Not going to spend $30 for another set right now, no snow to ride anyway. Can you revive a set of these plugs??

eman said:
I will change the screws Any issues with the 9 plugs vs the 10's. The sled would not run anymore with the 10's, fouled them out. Not going to spend $30 for another set right now, no snow to ride anyway. Can you revive a set of these plugs??

They never come back 100%. Glassbeading them work the best, Just spray them out afterward with carb or brake cleaner.

Back