• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Polaris Live Web Cast

It started about 7 mins late for me - then errored and restarted 7 mins after that - played in full fromthere - nothing to get excited about. KEpt hearing about a big gun - never showed up - biggest sled 700 140 HP and a turbo 750 at 140 hp

ahhh... sweet! Re-affirmation that I made the right choice, bailing on Red and joining team blue!

Old: 2005 Polaris SwitchBack 800
New: 2007 Yamaha Attak GT

Adios Polaris... it has been a good 15 years... but you sat on your #*$&@ and your product sucks. C-Ya!

Keith M.

Their clean fire 600 HO makes 125 HP and is 470 odd pounds.
Seems like the best Preformance model in the 600 class to me.
Besides that nothing to get excited about it...
And I highly doubt their FST is actually 140 HP. last year it was listed as 135 and many say it was lucky to run with a 600.

I expected Polaris to come out with an 800 or 1000, like Arctic Cat did ( F-8 and F-10 )
Their "Dragon" is 700cc and seems to be their biggest sled, not counting their FST (750 cc / 4-stroke / turbo ) which probably sounds like one of their 4-Wheelers.
I'm predicting Arctic Cat to jump to #3 and
Polaris falling to #4.

Polaris was in town (Quebec City) last saturday with 2007 prototypes and I had the opportunity to test the FST Switchback against my 2005 RX-1 ER. The FST had a lot of sensors on it and it was almost identical to my sled in term of performance. I had a bit more top end but I considered it normal knowing that my sled has a shorter track. By the way my sled is 100% stock no change to the initial dealer setup. I was impressed with the way the FST pulls however not impressed with the sound, the extra heat on my right feet, the heavy fealing in front (tough to turn) and the fact that we blew the chain case on our way back to the dealership! On a 70 miles rides the FST also took more gas (between 3 and 4 liters) and has to run on premium in order to deliver the 140ph claimed.

I am glad I own a Yamaha :yam:

Ray

Back