• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Polishing my tunnel??????

Mothers Billet (by hand) works great!

TurboComplete.jpg

nice
and on the plus side , next time it will go faster , and much easier , i do mine now once a year with mothers billet and i use drill with wand ,

Wet sand starting from 1000, go to 2000. If you have deep scratches or alot of staining start with 600. I polished and buffed mine by hand with terry cloths and Mother's aluminum polish. Use a sealer to protect. It gets dirty with riding but all you have to do is clean it and buff with a cloth to bring it right back.

Attachments

• IMG_3183.jpg
    IMG_3183.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 62
DelgatyXTX said:
Wet sand starting from 1000, go to 2000. If you have deep scratches or alot of staining start with 600. I polished and buffed mine by hand with terry cloths and Mother's aluminum polish. Use a sealer to protect. It gets dirty with riding but all you have to do is clean it and buff with a cloth to bring it right back.

How much money does it cost for the wet sand and whats the process of wet sanding?? Thanks!!!

Ryanb.nytroxtx09 said:
DelgatyXTX said:

How much money does it cost for the wet sand and whats the process of wet sanding?? Thanks!!!

Really? A few bucks for the sandpaper, and water. I start with 600 grit, then 1000, and finish with 2000 grit. Then polish. To wet sand you will need a bucket with water in it (maybe 6 inches), a sanding block or heavy sponge, wrap the paper around the sponge or block, soak, and sand away. Sand smooth, switch paper and do it again, switch paper and do it again. Now polish.

heres mine. 2nd tunnel I have done. Did 5 sheets of 1000 grit, 5 sheets of 2000 grit. polished with mothers Mag and aluminum polish 2x then used mothers billet polish. no clue how many coats but got sick of it for a while. sealed it up with shine seal and took these pictures with my phone so they are a little fuzzy but looks much better in person

Attachments

• 0217131745.jpg
    0217131745.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 0217131747.jpg
    0217131747.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 94
I did the full job with wet sanding and about ten rounds of Mothers Billet Polish, with Mothers Power Ball on open surfaces and by hand in hard to reach places. No sealer afterwards. The first and second picture were taken about a month after polishing, the other pictures were taken one year later after no further polishing.

Attachments

• Alatalo_121230_1.JPG
    Alatalo_121230_1.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Alatalo_121229_2.JPG
    Alatalo_121229_2.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Alatalo_121229_1.JPG
    Alatalo_121229_1.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Alatalo_111224_2.JPG
    Alatalo_111224_2.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Alatalo_111224_1.JPG
    Alatalo_111224_1.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 71
that looks awesome. I need to do some more polishing but got a trip coming up so quit for now.

Alatalo said:
I did the full job with wet sanding and about ten rounds of Mothers Billet Polish, with Mothers Power Ball on open surfaces and by hand in hard to reach places. No sealer afterwards. The first and second picture were taken about a month after polishing, the other pictures were taken one year later after no further polishing.

Wow!!! Looks great!!

Alatalo said:
If you are looking for a perfect mirror finish, you will be interested in wet sanding followed by polishing with Mothers Billet Polish. Mothers Mag & Alu Polish and the Busch stuff is too aggressive for a perfect mirror finish.

X2....polished with a micro fiber cloth and mother's after wet sand.

Back