• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cheap Way to Polish Tunnel

im taking my tunnel off this weekend and getting it powdercoated. I got sick of polishing it since it usually looks like hell after a few trailer rides. I don't have an enclosed trailer so that doesn't help but I use what I have.

autosol aluminium polish put mother polish to shame all you need is a few wrag and some elbow grease no buffing wheel needed and i did try all i could find mother ,blue magic and princess auto kit and i found the autosol is almost effort less compare to all the other stuff
Ordered that autosol today on eBay. Not 1 seller from U.S.--- had to order from China

Post a pic of your tunnel if you would.

f8e47d946e01d2b8c8206d126ada4129.jpg

Hand polish no power tool

Gearhead, Thanks man, just got AUTOSOL from mail box, had recently done tunnel with Mother's, grabbed a wrag and hit a spot on tunnel with AUTOSOL and wow twice the shine, and it only takes a very small amount.
Ordering more just to have today.
AUTOSOL is plain #*$&@ great stuff.

hey you are welcome bigdogrx1 ! this stuff work great and leave a protecting film for a while to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone tried the Autosol Aluminum polish, #1824? The golden tube #1012 is meant for ferrous metals (steel). How about the aluminum protective oil coating #1810?

Did anyone confirm it is the Autosol #1824 we want?

Did anyone confirm it is the Autosol #1824 we want?

Yes, order 1824 and grab a few terry cloth towels/rags and go to town. Takes some rubbing and time the 1st time then it's much easier after that, pretty much touch up and easy wipe on wipe off, minimal rubbing after the 1st time

Tip on cleaning the Power ball . Take a plastic coffee can and punch a hole in the center of the lid and then fill the can half up with water and dawn dish soap . insert the shaft of the ball through the bottom of lid and insert the ball in the can and put the lid on. Hook up a drill and spin the ball . reversing the drill a few times help and no mess with the lid on the can !

I just ordered two tubes of 1824, found them on the Autosol site www.autosol.com. Amazon did not have 1824 and less than $10@, shipping and handling was $12. Will post some before and after pics.

image.png

My Autosol 1824 aluminum polish arrived, stuff is magic. Still takes some elbow grease and considering a power buffer to see if I can minimize the boot and saddle bag scratches. Some of the tunnels posted here are mint, not a scratch on them... I have some wear and tear but that's ok, still looks night and day better... first coat of oxidation off left and back of sled.

20170921_150701s.jpg 20170921_150731s.jpg 20170921_150746s.jpg 20170921_150757s.jpg 20170921_150808s.jpg 20170920_20050s.jpg 20170920_20052s.jpg

Been using Mothers for years, got two tubes of Aotosol--------this stuff is great
Only way to go

My Autosol 1824 aluminum polish arrived, stuff is magic. Still takes some elbow grease and considering a power buffer to see if I can minimize the boot and saddle bag scratches. Some of the tunnels posted here are mint, not a scratch on them... I have some wear and tear but that's ok, still looks night and day better... first coat of oxidation off left and back of sled.

View attachment 130275 View attachment 130276 View attachment 130277 View attachment 130278 View attachment 130279 View attachment 130280 View attachment 130281
Not much you can do with the saddle bag gouges short of sanding out the tunnel to minimize them but then the tunnel is wekened, but the boot scuffs can be massaged almost away with a black ebony compound followed by a very fine white aluminum compound. Look into Caswell Plating if you want to take it to that level. This is a link to a manual they publish to explain buffing and polishing and how to pick compounds and application wheels. The compound bars will last a LONG time with as little polishing as your going to do, just get larges.

http://www.caswellplating.com/buffman.htm

Back