• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Poor running Vector

rap111 said:
I don't think the fuel is the issue I think it's where and how you store your Machine. Moisture and the enviroment are the main issues.A unstable enviroment such as outside or in a tin shed are the worst. But some of us have no other choice. I have seen alot of gummed up Carbs in my day being in the Motorcycle/ Automotive trades for 20+ years. The main reason is carbs were not drained and they were stored outside. Myself I fill the tank up with Prem. Fuel and drain the carbs. I never fog but it couldn't hurt and I store in a stable enviroment. You could start it every month or so but it's nice to know that there is noughing in your carbs to plug up a main jet a fry a piston. Anyway WE NEED MORE SNOW, HAPPY RIDING

I disagree, just go on any boating forum and see for yourself all the issues these guys are having using ethanol laced fuel.=Just a side note, the ethanol content in fuel is set to increase another 5% very soon as well :o|

Yes, the poor fuel quality is really a hot topic lately. Goes really bad really fast. I don't even like leaving it in my chain saw.

I removed the carbs this afternoon and sprayed the jets and passages out. The insides of the carbs looked clean before I did this, but I did it anyway and it took care of the bogging and popping at higher rpm's.

Make sure you have your air box cover on when testing it out afterward. I thought the issue was still there until I put the cover back on. They run like doo doo if you disturb the air flow to the carbs.

Mike

I am have the same issue with my 06 Vector and its the first time I have had this problem. It started with great effort and some starting fluid this fall. Since then it will only start and stay running with choke partially on! It almost feels like I have a fouled plug. Could that be the issue and not the carburetor? If so I don't think I know how to change a plug on this four stroke. There isn't the typical two stroke plug cover! Can anyone give me a hint on how I would check my plugs first before I dig into the carburetor?
Thanks!

Unplug the three coils on top of the valve cover and pull the coil/ plug boot out of the hole, Easier than it sounds, they will be snug. The plugs are down in the plug wells in the three valve cover openings on top.

I put several things into the gas. First i added some Isoproply gas additive, then some sta bil and now a little sea foam. Took it out for a run in the field and by the time I got back it was idling at 1000 rpm.

Thanks for the info twomorestrokes! I was not too sure since I havent seen this type plug cover before. Is it ok to use something to pry the rubber caps up and out of the valve cover?

flyingpig said:
Thanks for the info twomorestrokes! I was not too sure since I havent seen this type plug cover before. Is it ok to use something to pry the rubber caps up and out of the valve cover?

Be careful not to use anything sharp. It helps to twist it back and forth to break the seal between the plug and the boot.

Back