• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Possible option to replacing stock Nytro MTX Track

woodsrider

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 YZ450FX1 Moto-Trax 137 Mountain Kit
This is an idea I came up with to try and "stiffen" the lugs on the stock Nytro MTX track. I "pinned" the track lugs with 10-24 set screws 1.25-in long. I helped with the folding over of the paddles but I haven't been able to try it yet do to lack of snow. Just an idea. The drill size is the std tap size of #25.

Attachments

• DSCF1359.JPG
    DSCF1359.JPG
    430.1 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCF1366.JPG
    DSCF1366.JPG
    451.2 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCF1358.JPG
    DSCF1358.JPG
    450.9 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCF1357.JPG
    DSCF1357.JPG
    474.7 KB · Views: 106

Woods, I like it the creativity!
It would be some cool James Bond stuff if you rip the throttle and get the pins to come shooting out. :die
I wouldn't ride too close behind you!!

If they come flying out that would be the least of my problems I know of guys that have put screws in the paddles for added traction, but then you have the heads that can chew the sh!t out of your tunnel and heat exchanger if your track stretches (which happens easily with a boosted sled). I suppose if I were to do a burn out on pavement like some....let's say "mentally challenged" people have, then they might fly out. And that would get ugly real fast.

I am doing the same thing with #6x1-5/8" headless trim screws. They are square drive and as soon as you set them below the tip of the track it seems to mushroom back closed so I dont think there is any way they are going to fly out.

Well, after putting a couple hundred miles on the upgraded track here is the results: It is better than stock but still a POS. I think we should give every Yamaha Rep we meet a big "wedgie" for this blunder. :moon: :o|

Just get the CE you won't believe the difference. The stock track is a useless POS don't waste your time. Cut the paddles off it and use it for a trailer ramp.

Rx1M5

I've ridden the CE and didn't really like the vibration you get from the track

woodsrider said:
I've ridden the CE and didn't really like the vibration you get from the track

On the trail, do you mean? It does vibrate some but in the deep I haven't really noticed it but it totally kicks the Mav in the deep.

Rx1M5

I noticed it wherever I rode, i don't spend much time on trails in fact i never even rode it on a trail

i ordered a powerclaw. sounds like this is going to be the track to run for the moutain/offtrail guys.
should have it weds, will go on this week, i'll try it out the following weekend and report back. ski

skidooboy said:
i ordered a powerclaw. sounds like this is going to be the track to run for the moutain/offtrail guys.
should have it weds, will go on this week, i'll try it out the following weekend and report back. ski

What did you pay for that bad boy?

Back