• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Possible rear QS3 failure

Nitroya

Veteran
I have about 5500km on 129 rtx, the rear suspension seems super soft all a sudden. I have loosened the spring on the front shock in the skid could that be causing the sagging or can it be that the qs3 has failed. My coil spring adjuster at back are 3 (hard) and it seems soft. Sled is gently women driven. Just wondering if they are prone to early failure. Will be tearing it down tomorrow.

Anyone know the revolving cost of a qs3?

Sounds like your shocks need to be rebuild. I would get all 4 of them done, get a hold of cannondale the TY shock guy.

$30 a shock and yes the nitrogen likes to leak out of the reservoir cap. Those are $35 each.
857BFC35-40D0-4F44-9EF0-B41BCAB08CB5.jpeg

But if you loosen the spring, its going to sag more! Thats the center shock and it has a huge amount of effect on sag. Tighen the spring back up and see what happens. The Stingray Mods spring really helps the ride on this chassis, just buy according to rider weight. It's a very affordable upgrade.

But if you loosen the spring, its going to sag more! Thats the center shock and it has a huge amount of effect on sag. Tighen the spring back up and see what happens. The Stingray Mods spring really helps the ride on this chassis, just buy according to rider weight. It's a very affordable upgrade.
He said he is on 3 of the coil springs. I assume he means rear Torsion springs. But yes as for bottoming the center spring effects both. His sag could also mean its not on level ground or on dollies. Very common.

Back