• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

POST A PIC OF YOUR NYTRO!

09 mtx

Attachments

• IMG_7881a.jpg
    IMG_7881a.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 119

poleclimber said:
that pic makes me wanna go buy a skinz seat. Little late in the year to spend $300 though. Looks sweet!!!
bottlerocket said:
John they dont fit well around the gas tank area. Not OEM fit and finish for sure. To bad because I love the looks other then that.
poleclimber said:
thats too bad i kinda had my heart set on one...oh well im sure i can find something else. Thanks for the info!!!

I would rate it as a non-OEM fit and finish, but in no way as a bad fit and finish. Simply put, the lightweight design of this seat makes it more or less impossible to make an identical copy the curvature of the OEM seat and fuel tank cover. That would kind of defeat the purpose of losing weight...

Anyway, the Skinz seat I am using is an early prototype, I can not really judge the current production batch.

Alatalo,

Very nice job on your mods.

I also like the seat and support brackets, is this a kit from skinz ?

What exhaust and header are you using ?

mj

Alatalo said:
poleclimber said:
that pic makes me wanna go buy a skinz seat. Little late in the year to spend $300 though. Looks sweet!!!
bottlerocket said:
John they dont fit well around the gas tank area. Not OEM fit and finish for sure. To bad because I love the looks other then that.
poleclimber said:
thats too bad i kinda had my heart set on one...oh well im sure i can find something else. Thanks for the info!!!

I would rate it as a non-OEM fit and finish, but in no way as a bad fit and finish. Simply put, the lightweight design of this seat makes it more or less impossible to make an identical copy the curvature of the OEM seat and fuel tank cover. That would kind of defeat the purpose of losing weight...

Anyway, the Skinz seat I am using is an early prototype, I can not really judge the current production batch.

That's good to hear. Gotta start shedding the pounds off and that's a good way to start. Like the looks too.

mjaremko said:
Alatalo,

Very nice job on your mods.
I also like the seat and support brackets, is this a kit from skinz ?
What exhaust and header are you using ?

mj
The seat itself and the seat frame is the Skinz lightweight seat kit. This particular one is an early prototype from last fall (I have seen that the current production batch has got a different layout seat frame as well as different attachment points to the tunnel). The exhaust header is the standard one and the silencer is a special built titanium / carbon fiber unit from Leo Vince (kind of the mirror part of the silencer in their CBR1000RR race exhaust). The block-off plate is home made from relatively strong and scratch resistant 6082-T6 aluminium, in order to fit this specific exhaust. The LED light is the smallest unit I could find and I found it at a local streetbike dealer. The weight saving with these parts only is almost 8 kilograms (~ 17-18 lbs) in dry condition and much more in action due to a massive reduction in ice build-up.

Attachments

• Alatalo_101224_4.JPG
    Alatalo_101224_4.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 120
Alatalo,

How is the comfort ( padding ) compared to stock, how much higher to you sit approx..............

Thanks

mj

I can not really comment on the seat comfort because I am a 100% stand up rider. Simply put, I did not sit on it during a single meter of riding...If it was not for the silly looks when using no seat at all, I would seriously consider this. Just imagine how easy it would be to jump from side to side and the weight savings would be another 2-3 kilograms. Always remember - there are no lighter parts than the ones left in your garage...

here are pics from last year, I have high rise seat now

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 127

Back