• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Powder Lites Stage 3 Nytro running rich

seano700

I recently upgraded my stock Nytro injectors to daves hi-flow green ones. My sled worked ok with the stockers but at home (1500) 10 psi was max before the AFR would creep over the 12's. Now with the 3 bar sensor and Mike O'Brien map loaded I find my AFR is down in the 10.5's at WOT (1500ft @12 psi). The sled is really rich at about 1/3 throttle when the boost is about 5-6psi (black smoke out the exhaust). Does anyone have a map for 12-14psi on the stage 3 system? Over the weekend we were in the mountains where I could turn the boost up, this map works really good at 15psi+. I'd rather not turn it up that much though. Also, I found when comming down the mountain after a climb the sled leaned right out (over ranged the AFR, and back fire like crazy) anyone else notice this?? Is there a simple fix? I have the PRO software but I'm not very well versed on how to use it, safely that is.

Finally if there are any other flatlanders with fuel delivery issues at low alt these injectors are the answer!! Even with my rich AFR I picked up 4-500 rpm with no other changes. I have added 2.5 grams to each weight to keep off the rev limiter.

Thanks in advance!! Sean

x2 the same thing as you only diff is i run 15 at home too as will as the mountains home elevation is 2000 ft i run race fuel, so my a/f is good at home. But i have the leaning out thing down hills too it is very bad it backfires very bad and the a/f goes crazy 16-17 then it flashs at me not good. I hope dave comes up with a new map soon this has got to be fixed and fast!! please dave

yes i can turn the fuel pressure down it is now set at 48-50 do you think turning it down will help? thanks

Fuel pressure

I've got the fuel pressure turned down to 40psi and it still has a 10.5 AFR WOT @ 12 psi 1500ft elevation. Any less and it doesant idle very good, and leans out on the trail.

As for the backfiring mine really pops under high vacuum (engine is holding sled back while comming down from a climb). If I stop before comming down and let the clutches backshift so they are disengaged I have no problems at all, as the machine then just idles back down the hill. I found it worst @ 3000-4300rpm comming down the hill. However under normal driving at 3000-4300rpm sled runs fine.

If I only understood better how the RB3 system works ( Things like load steps, Vmin, Vmax etc, and what they do). Is there some online tech information other then the manuals, on the RB3 that explains this stuff?

Thanks again Sean

Back