• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Power Timer Giveaway & News from AREA 51

24in of wire with zip ties. Will this somehow tie into the 12 volt accessory plug on the sled or will we have to wire directly to it?

Name: ez time(r), time-off

Hmmmm "EZ Timer" (Letting it ferment in my brain :drink:)

On the input side, it will plug right into your Apex & Venture.
(Can possibly send you some free stuff to test on your ACE, send, me a PM about your ACE. :))

On the output side, can wire your Accessory output to the Unit, so anything you plug into it will have the same features.
Also thinking on the output connections still... (I like the accessory question and greatly appreciate your guys questions/suggestions like this!) :D

Was just thinking, will throw it out there...

"Memory Timer" maybe?
You remember nothing, you forget nothing.
It does it for you.

So, from now on you simply wire your GPS or other devices & let the timer remember to turn itself on & off, you simply enjoy using the stuff!

So, before suggesting a possible name, there's your tag line.

As for a name, how about:

Rock's E.S.P.
Electronics Smart Power
Wire your electronics and other devices and let the timer remember to turn itself on and off.
You remember nothing, you forget nothing knowing you have E.S.P.

Hi Guys!

Have been very busy so news From Area 51 has been rare.
Figured you would like to hear about some stuff!

We have been working diligently on a number of projects, one being the Power Timer.
We have been calling it the Smart Timer.

Mainly because it IS Smart!

Imagine this:
Out on a ride, you stop for a friendly trail stop.
You shut-down your sled & not long afterwards, all your electronics shuts down.
Even your GPS as the battery doesn't like the cold.
And you would really like to be able to check out your GPS prior to taking off again!

So later you wire your gps directly to your battery so it will stay on at trail stops.
The problem now becomes you forget that it is on and it kills & damages your battery by draining it.
(Everytime you run your battery totally dead, it damages it some)

Enter the Smart Timer:
It detects that your sled is running and automatically starts your electronics, such as GPS you have connected to it.
When you shut your sled off, it detects that your sled is off & starts a timer.
When the timing period ends, it will shut down all powered devices & wait until your sled is started again.
While it is off, the timer current draw is incredibly low.
So low in fact, that it would take over 10 YEARS to even partially discharge your battery.
(Your battery will self-discharge MUCH faster)
Timer is a very small sealed unit. Approx 2 x 1.5 x 1"

So, from now on you simply wire your GPS or other devices & let the timer remember to turn itself on & off, you simply enjoy using the stuff!
You forget & put your sled in the Trailer/Garage?
Not a problem, the timer takes care of it!
No dead battery. Easy, you just ride! : ) :sled1:

There are a few things I want to run by you guys:

Naming:
What name would you suggest for the Timer?
(Or do you like our working name now?)

Timing:
The timing is selectable.
Default = 1 Hour (Selectable from 1/2 a minute thru 16 Hours)

Am thinking a 1 hour timing as default. (Will accomodate most trail stops?)

Connections:
Will have a Plug&Play model for Apex/Nytro Etc (Japan Chassis) sleds & Viper/Sidewinder (Procross) chassis for sure.

What kind of connections would you suggest for a universal model, such as older sleds, and/or brands we don't make a P&P unit for?
Input Connections?

Output Connections?
How would you like to connect your GPS? (Or other stuff?)

Wires:
How long should wires be for a universal fit?

Am sure I/We/You will think of things to add here, am open to positive suggestions!

Here is the Giveaway part!

Looking for good answers to the above.
You can post or PM your best answers for all items, or just one or anything in between
(Or a positive idea not on the list)

The best answers as determined by us, will receive a free Smart Timer!
Thinking 3 Giveaways now, however the number may increase with great timer ideas!

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Rock :-o
Hi, what about a shut down timer that lets the turbo cool down. It would allow the engine to run for a pre-determined or programable time after the key is turned off. This would help cool the turbo bearings and avoid heat soaking them.

Hi, what about a shut down timer that lets the turbo cool down. It would allow the engine to run for a pre-determined or programable time after the key is turned off. This would help cool the turbo bearings and avoid heat soaking them.

Great Idea! :rocks:
Will make one up!
(Will help avoid "Coking" the oil in the bearing)

Now, what to call that one?
(The Anti-Coker? LOL)

And how long to leave running?
(Basically, how long does it take to cool the bearing usually?)

Last edited:
So, before suggesting a possible name, there's your tag line.

As for a name, how about:

Rock's E.S.P.
Electronics Smart Power
Wire your electronics and other devices and let the timer remember to turn itself on and off.
You remember nothing, you forget nothing knowing you have E.S.P.

...well, there you have it, Rock! Robx-1 nailed it!

ESP

I love it! :rocks:
Let's see how it evolves! :sled2:

Great Idea! :rocks:
Will make one up!
(Will help avoid "Coking" the oil in the bearing)

Now, what to call that one?
(The Anti-Coker? LOL)

And how long to leave running?
(Basically, how long does it take to cool the bearing usually?)
I would leave that to the turbo experts, maybe rockerdan could chime in. It would also let the turbo impeller “idle down”after a hard run. As for a name that’s in your capable hands!

R.P.S , Retentive power supply, "Retentive", able to remember a lot of information

In light of you considering making something similar for the turbo's to spin down after the ignition is turned off while also instilling in the name of the product what it will actually do as well as a name that can be used on multiple platforms, how about you call them R.A.D.S.S.

Rock's Automated Delayed Shutdown System

RADS for your turbo...RADS for your electronics.

If I keep this up, I will have to update my LinkedIn profile to list the marketing work for the ole Rockmeister. ;)

Back