• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Premium or regular gas?

yamahaboy94

Veteran
The sticker by the tank says premium, but are guys running it in their phazers?? Is it better or just run regular gas in them but dump injector cleaners in the tank every other tank

Been running 87 for most of the 3500+ miles I've put on my 07. I put in 91 or higher if it's available, but most of the time it's not.

Yamaha tested a venture(same motor as the phazer)only burning 87octane for over 10000 miles with no ill effects.Read about it in SNOWTECH 2007.

Leno said:
I run 113 race gas in mine.
113 race fuel.... That's crazy stuff there! Why do you run that in your sled? Does it have done heavy mods that require such high octane fuel?

The phazer has an anti-knock sensor on it so if by chance pre-ignition were occurring from too low of octane the ECU would automatically retard the timing to limit pre-ignition and in doing so limit performance and save the engine. I've run 87 in mine with no problems.

I run premium since it really is not that big a diff on the fun per mile meter.I have run 87 abd could not tell the difference though.Just dont want to take a chance but its up to you.

cannondale27 said:
I run premium since it really is not that big a diff on the fun per mile meter.I have run 87 abd could not tell the difference though.Just dont want to take a chance but its up to you.

X2

yamahas said:
cannondale27 said:

X2

X3. I got to believe that even though it seems to run fine with 87, that your gas mileage will be better with Premium since that is what the motor is designed to run on. G.B.

When the phaser came out Yamaha said premium get ya 80hp. And regular the computer will give ya 75hp.... But ya u cam run what u want...watch the rpms on a top end run

For how much it actually costs you in one year, I always put in premium. I have had bad gas/fouled plugs twice though, so maybe thats why I dont try to save any $$ on the gas.

Back