• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

preparing for another high milleage season

Aalukjohn

i have a 2011 fx nytro xtx that i have bought in march of 2011. i bought it new and i'm pushing 6000 miles and i am curious of what should i do to make it last longer.
before each season starts i change oil, grease everything that is needed to be greased. thinking to get new drive bearings anything else i should do?
shocks rebuilt several times

A few things come to mind... exhaust donuts, ball joints and bushings in front end, slides, idler bearings, go through clutches and clean/replace anything worn, jack shaft and drive shaft bearings, inspect, clean and re-grease if still good, replace if need be, should be good to go after that. You can probably answer most of those pretty easily with how your sled ran last season, did you see any changes in performance, gas mileage from the previous season?

Adjust throttle cable,adjust chain in chain case, regrease all bearings

only thing i ran into was some clutch rattle on a idle, that was fixed with some bushings i believe, other than that, performance is steady. Full break in was at about 4500-5000 miles top end increased without any performance parts. thank you guys for your input.

That clutch rattle will come back...not much you can do about it! It doesn't hurt anything, just sounds bad. I put rubber o rings in mine last season, I plan to replace them with some fibre washers this season... other than that, normal maintenance and ride!

yeah, both my brother-in-law and cousin have short tracks and both have encountered the same problem, all are fixed, we found out it's normal. 5940 miles on mine 7000 on my cousin's i believe and 3000 on my brother's.

Back