• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Prices getting too high???

I'm holding on to my Nytro. I was going to buy a Sidewinder but they are too much for what they are. I was quoted 30,000 CND for on with taxes. For something I'm lucky to ride maybe two months. Maybe. Not going to happen. If you want a toy to ride, a SxS or ATV makes more sense. At least you can use it more.

I should point out too we are noticing lots of used sleds for sale, and they are not selling for what people are asking for them. I think people are going to be inside out on some loans very soon.

I'm holding on to my Nytro. I was going to buy a Sidewinder but they are too much for what they are. I was quoted 30,000 CND for on with taxes. For something I'm lucky to ride maybe two months. Maybe. Not going to happen. If you want a toy to ride, a SxS or ATV makes more sense. At least you can use it more.
This is precisely why Yamaha isnt investing in snowmobiles anymore, way more margin and sales in things that can be used more often and by more people!

As long as the wait isn't too long, I'm going to try and wait this out until we are back to buying leftovers at firesale prices. My 2018 SW was $13k brand new in March of 2018. Its hard to stomach paying $7-8k more for the same exact sled, but with EPS.

Our local Doo/Poo dealer is sitting on 58 new sleds, all marked up $2k over MSRP. Perhaps, the wait won't be too long.
Dealer marking up sleds should be illegal. Unbelievable!

Cuts both ways, sometimes a dealer has to take advantage of an otherwise tough market, other times the dealer has to cut to the bone just to stay competitive. The correction will happen, it will never be like the old days but it will be a lot better than it has been the last few years.

And then theres the politics to consider, as the gov. of NY wants to ban anything petroleum powered, and they extended the holiday hunt so trails dont open until Jan.4. We just had almost 2 weeks of great rideable weather and now it was 57 degrees in upstate, snow mostly gone. Except for Buffalo.

I should point out too we are noticing lots of used sleds for sale, and they are not selling for what people are asking for them. I think people are going to be inside out on some loans very soon.
Right, covid bump is over.

I understand that they need to make a living, but they are the only dealer doing it, and coincidentally, the only dealer with a lot of inventory.

Car dealers are doing it, is it illegal, they don't think so & people are buying them anyway
My neigbors son and friend had a new corvette last year but was offered so much for it he ordered a new z06 (lives in Tennessee). Said some were getting 50 to a hundred grand over retail. He got a better deal ordering new and got a nice tour of the factory and got to see his car built last week.
Crazy stuff going on but people still keep paying. Bubble will burst. They always do.

I'll be honest I can no longer afford a new snowmobile. I'm not sure many people can anymore. Yamaha prices jumped $3000 on average from 2022 to 2023 on all sidewinder models. Do we need all this fancy tec like a 10 inch screen and blue tooth calling? I sure don't. I think soon the manufactures will price themselves out of the market. The new turbo doo summit expert with all the extras is $33,500 Canadian! SRX sidewinder is also almost $30,000 Canadian. I'm just curious what others think?
I wont ever be buying new, not for 6 maybe 8 weeks of riding!!
I will keep picking up others used rides!!

The subject of price always comes up in any hobby. How much to spend on golf clubs? How much to spend on a smoker? How about a classic car? Woodworking tools?
Do what you like, what you can afford.
For me it's snowmobiling. There is nothing else I would rather be doing. I know that is not the case with everyone.
I know we have had a couple of short seasons. You can't get mad at what you can't control. I will chase snow if I have to.
The " I'll buy an SXS/ 4wheeler because I can ride it for 6 months" argument doesn't really apply for me as I find 4 wheelers and SXS's to be boring in comparison to snowmobiling. I'll buy a Jeep first. Or drive my Blazer.
In the end, buy the best you can afford. As long as you're doing it that is what matters. Who cares if it new or not.
Actually, there are some pretty good deals out there right now.

I'll be honest I can no longer afford a new snowmobile. I'm not sure many people can anymore. Yamaha prices jumped $3000 on average from 2022 to 2023 on all sidewinder models. Do we need all this fancy tec like a 10 inch screen and blue tooth calling? I sure don't. I think soon the manufactures will price themselves out of the market. The new turbo doo summit expert with all the extras is $33,500 Canadian! SRX sidewinder is also almost $30,000 Canadian. I'm just curious what others think?

Agree. For the 3 to 4 trips I ride a year.... no thanks

Back