• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Prices getting too high???

Bought my 17 Winder for 10700 in 18, Dealer studded Demo with 40 miles of which I put 20. A new Winder is 20k now. No thanks.
hate to say it but our govt. giving away so much money for useless things has devalued what money we earn or saved...very sad but it's not Yamaha's fault, it really isn't. Joe

hate to say it but our govt. giving away so much money for useless things has devalued what money we earn or saved...very sad but it's not Yamaha's fault, it really isn't. Joe
That's right.
$10700 now isn't the same as $10700 four or five years ago, doesn't matter what you're doing with it.

I'll be honest I can no longer afford a new snowmobile. I'm not sure many people can anymore. Yamaha prices jumped $3000 on average from 2022 to 2023 on all sidewinder models. Do we need all this fancy tec like a 10 inch screen and blue tooth calling? I sure don't. I think soon the manufactures will price themselves out of the market. The new turbo doo summit expert with all the extras is $33,500 Canadian! SRX sidewinder is also almost $30,000 Canadian. I'm just curious what others think?
That’s exactly why I bought a 2011 Apex xtx with 4000 km. Couldn’t justify the price of a new sled. Especially not being able to get out riding as much as I would like to.

There has to be some sort of reckoning that is coming. Every time I think that it can't build any more though, it does. Eventually something has to give (either consumer debt implodes, or companies start to fold). Sure they are making good profit on a machine at 16k+ but is that sustainable for sales? All the markets for vehicles are screwed up now because only fully loaded stuff was pumped out over the past two years. Who is going to be cutting a bargain deal on a fully loaded whatever (boat, car, etc.)?? Older folks with money can only prop up sales for so long...

Back