• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary clutch and belt in action videos...a must see

Was able to finally put my tiny camera to work this weekend, showing how a primary clutch works.

In this video, you can see the belt at a stand still, then start to ride up the primary clutch sheaves. This run was about a smooth roll to about 1/2 throttle and then a short full throttle. You can see how the belt gets up to the top of the sheaves rather quick. Towards the end of the video, I had to apply the brakes to slow down....this is where the clutch and belt really start to jump around. If you have belt marks on your clutch guard, this is from applying the brakes hard. Speed was about 95mph max. (not a full throttle pass)

This next video is just a general cruise down a field with a couple of surprise hidden hills that made me back off rather quick and touch the brake. You can see how the front end gets closer to the ground as the outside light gets a little darker when the front end dives. Lots of stuff going on here and crazy to see the punishment a clutch and a belt goes thru....even at slow speeds.

This camera that I used is very small, not expensive at all and can be used as a bore scope, or anything you want to use it on. The camera has 6 LED lights at the tip around the camera which can be dialed down so it's not blinding or glaring off of the shiny surfaces. Speaking of shiny surfaces...my primary clutch looks like a mirrseconda

Yes, but just touching the brake makes the belt jump high.

I am going to put an LED light in the clutch area so when I tap the brakes, the red LED light will come on.

Going to do more videos this season.

Back