• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary Clutch Roller issue

Thanks for all the replies. I'm checking on warranty but ordering the Thunder rollers. If the dealer can warranty then I'll have spares.

Hi Ronzx9....Thank you for your order, they are packaged and on their way!

I was told that clutch components are only covered for the first year. Got into it with my dealer last year because they "updated" my secondary rollers at one point but apparently those were the same as the original ones. They never informed me that a different one came out. Last winter when they flat spotted again I found out there was a different roller that I did not have but he claimed it was too late for Yamaha to cover them even though the problem started and was known within the first year.

We get 3 mos in Canada. The way its going with snow by the time my 4 year warranty is up ill be lucky to have 3,000miles

How much clearance are you leaving between the pin and bushing?
I don't have a 1000$$ tool to be extremely precise:).

Normaly they are all betwen 0.005/0.007
I have try different material and different pressfit, they all "slip" clockwise inside the roller. When it does that, couple of miles and they are totally shot:-/

Back