• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary Clutch Roller issue

ronzx9

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder L-TX-LE, 2016 Grand Touring SE 1200
I was doing some routine maintenance on the primary and I found one sticky roller. After some investigation I noticed the bushing inside the roller has shifted to one side and protrudes out past the sleeve. I tried tapping it back in and pressing with a vice but no luck. Does anyone have a trick to push it back in?

You can push it back in with a vise as long as its not damaged, but it will just push out again at some point. New ones wont last longer either. I saw one guy who removed the bushings, sanded them with 60 grit and reinstalled the bushings with green loctite.

This sucks. My dealer wants $60 each for the rollers, even he says it's BS,

Primary roller bushing issue? Never heard about it! :drink::sled2:
IMG_6202.JPG

What i used to instal and remove bushing. One way for roller the other for weight:)
IMG_6201.JPG

IMG_6200.JPG

Last edited:
Warranty, Warranty, Warranty!!!

Also bushings can be bought separately, there about $20 ea.
I was told that clutch components are only covered for the first year. Got into it with my dealer last year because they "updated" my secondary rollers at one point but apparently those were the same as the original ones. They never informed me that a different one came out. Last winter when they flat spotted again I found out there was a different roller that I did not have but he claimed it was too late for Yamaha to cover them even though the problem started and was known within the first year.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm checking on warranty but ordering the Thunder rollers. If the dealer can warranty then I'll have spares.

I had one do that the first year I owned it Ron and they gave me a new one under warranty.

Thanks Joe. I hope it's covered but I'm not overly optimistic. You have much snow up there? I know trails don't open until after deer season, when is that this year?

Back