• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Problem: Low Idle Speed

equillibrium88

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer GT
I had my Phazer all torn apart last year as my jackshaft bearing decided to let go whilst flying down a lake. Now that's all been fixed up and the sled back together. Hoping to beat last years record short season of 27 days only to discover my Phazer has a super low idle.

The weird part is...it starts no problem. Upon start up the idle bounces around from 2200 to about 1800 rpm and everywhere in between. Once the sled has been running for a little while (10 minutes) the idle speed drops to about 1100rpm . Normal idle speed should be 1800 +/- 100 rpm. I tried adjusting the idle speed screw in the left ski well but the little rubber thing under the screw turns too. Don't know if that is supposed to happen and maybe that's the problem. Anyway turning it does diddly. The sled eventually quits.

I got treated fuel in it now, my plugs are fine my air filter is clean so I am fresh out of ideas hence this post. Just curious what the consensus is before springing for a trip to the shop to have the pros take a gander..I'm thinking its something stupid but this sled has been a treasure trove of heartache in the past so I take nothing for granted.

I think you are right about it turning in the rubber. a po moved it on mine so that the washer behind the idle knob is between the front subframe and the main frame tube on the left side above the upper shock mount. never had to adjust it but I leave it there in case I need to.

Yes...I did notice that move you made fellas...very ingenious of you. Having said that, I hate working on this thing and I was hoping the fix would not require airbox removal but I guess it sure does now.

Back