• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Problem or not ??

MUSKIE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Custom - 06 Apex
Was out this morning doing some high speed testing with different clutch setups and my heat light comes on..I stop and see that i aim dumping antifreeze all over trail..Found that i must have throwen a stud into the rear heat exchanger..(BIG dint and a hole)..I waited there till sled cooled down and then drove the next 1/2 mile back to shop..1 hour later went to start sled to load in trailer and the sled WILL NOT run ...And red temp. light at top of gauge stays on..SO - do i have a bigger problem then just a new rear cooler ??? Think i did motor damage ?? Will the sled not allow me to start it because there is no antifreeze in it ?? - good info. needed ....Thanks.

problem or not

I really don't think that you have done any problem to your motor. These motors are set up with heat sensors and will shut down if they get to hot. I would try dumping some antifreeze in and see if it starts.

Re: problem or not

j-mac said:
I really don't think that you have done any problem to your motor. These motors are set up with heat sensors and will shut down if they get to hot. I would try dumping some antifreeze in and see if it starts.
..had planned on trying that tomorrow morning..i HOPE that works

The problem with the temp sender is that it is in the thermostat housing. So no coolant means no light.

MUSKIE said:
Was out this morning doing some high speed testing with different clutch setups and my heat light comes on..I stop and see that i aim dumping antifreeze all over trail..Found that i must have throwen a stud into the rear heat exchanger..(BIG dint and a hole)..I waited there till sled cooled down and then drove the next 1/2 mile back to shop..1 hour later went to start sled to load in trailer and the sled WILL NOT run ...And red temp. light at top of gauge stays on..SO - do i have a bigger problem then just a new rear cooler ??? Think i did motor damage ?? Will the sled not allow me to start it because there is no antifreeze in it ?? - good info. needed ....Thanks.

Whatever you do, DONT pay MSRP for your heat exchanger. PM me and I'll help you out.

Back