• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Problems with RX-1 Rear mount MC-XPRESS

smeeman

I have a 2004 RX-1 with the rear mount MC-XPRESS kit. I have low compression pistions and a thicker head gasket installed! I have 240hp on pump fuel while 300hp on race fuel! This was set up by mark leiphmer in butte! I have been having trouble with it cutting out in the top end. It runs awesome in the low end and mid range but when i need the top end it cuts out. I know the jetting id correct because it ran right before. It just all of a sudden started doin it Any help or suggestions would be great! :4STroke:

Check all your plumbing. If it ran right before thats were I would start to look.

a friend of mine had same thing happen, we thought jetting, clutching ect.....turned out to be bad coils, we replaced the coils and it was like a new sled........non farting or missing at all on the top end.

i pulled the coils out tonite and discovered that the hole the coiil goes down in to reach the plug was half full of oil. THis tells me that this was what is cousing it to run in correct on top end! Im going to do a compression test tommorow but what do you guys think could be wrong? Oil shouldn't be on top the piston? Do i hasve bad rings or someting. No bad sounds come from the motor when ive ran it so nothing has broke yet. Has anyone else heard or had simliar problems. any help or suggestion would be good. It is for sale is anyone is interested.
:4STroke:

This oil around coil is caused from your crankcase vent being pluged and putting to much pressure in crankcase and blowing by valve cover gasket.

It needs the oil cleaned out of tube's and remove spark plugs and replace plugs and valve cover gasket and clean coils.

Back