• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

proper way to raise front end to work on it??

andrew1984

Extreme
proper way to raise front end to work on it??

need to do stabilizer bar and bushings.

i dont want to damage anything and the front bumper looks inadequate for lifting???

cheers

I usually put my bike jack under the bellypan and lift like that but a sled lift would be best...I havent bought one of those yet

Hoist it by the metal bar the hood hooks over, or tip it on it's side.

floor jack with a 4 x 4 seems to work fine for me

andrew1984 said:
thanks. was worried to dent/damage the belly by lifting upwards from there. just used a piece of plywood to distribute weight.

That's all I have ever used and so far so good but I do use a couple 4x4's under the piece of plywood in case my floor jack decides to come down on it's own.
Same thing with vehicles, I never rely on just the floor jack, I always use axle stands.

I like to use a hoist with tie-downs and hook to the front bar that the hood tucks around. Other wise a floor jack with a properly cut 4x4 works.
:Rockon:

Cherry Picker (engine hoist) with a strap to the metal bar under the hood.

Just be sure to center the strap so as not to bend the bar on one side (ask me how I know) :o|

Vince

Apex2006 said:
I like to use a hoist with tie-downs and hook to the front bar that the hood tucks around. Other wise a floor jack with a properly cut 4x4 works.
I use a hoist as well, but I use it with a tie strap on the front bumper. Is the bar you mentioned stronger to lift the sled than the bumper?

ranger1 said:
Apex2006 said:
I use a hoist as well, but I use it with a tie strap on the front bumper. Is the bar you mentioned stronger to lift the sled than the bumper?

Yes the bar is indeed stronger...much more so than the plastic bumper.

Back