• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PUSH or MPI 180HP turbo decision...

snopro24

Country
USA
Snowmobile
09 Nytro XTX
Hey guys...been researching 180HP kits and trying to make a decision on which kit to pull the trigger on. I ride primarily in the UP and northern WI so looking for a low elevation kit. Any pros/cons to both? The dealer that I ride near the most is a PUSH dealer and they have had good luck with them and have said that the MPI kit isn't as good but sure looks like many have had good luck with the MPI. Need help and some opinions. Thanks guys.

Who's been in business longer? I would say go with MPI as they've been boosting Yamaha 4 strokes the beginning and also supply Yamaha with their boost options...PUSH did but no longer do, which in my eyes says a lot. I would imagine that a PUSH dealer would say another brand isn't as good as the brand they offer.

they are both good proven kits. Choice is yours. If a push dealer is closer id probly look at that, JMO though

Example of some things that are different.

Mounting bracket for the turbo to your tunnel. Two aluminum brackets or a stainless steel mount that supports the turbo around three sides of the opening?

nytromount_zpsa1442c03.jpg

Airbox that allows for even flow to all three cylinders. Our air box bolts to the throttle bodies. No chance of blowing off and higher PSI.

nytroturboairbox_zpsd5cfff2a.jpg

Idk about push but I've seen MPIs turbo and what a disappointing sight huge lag just boggy as I've ever seen would never buy one I have an OFT turbo set up I haven't rode the sled yet so I'm not gonna brag yet but I've seen a few bids of sleds with OFT set ups and they look like they perform 110% better than MPIs turbo.kits hands down

yzviper366 said:
Idk about push but I've seen MPIs turbo and what a disappointing sight huge lag just boggy as I've ever seen would never buy one I have an OFT turbo set up I haven't rode the sled yet so I'm not gonna brag yet but I've seen a few bids of sleds with OFT set ups and they look like they perform 110% better than MPIs turbo.kits hands down
something had to be wrong with that sled....

I've got a couple of seasons on my MPI turbo and it is a good unit that has performed very well on the mountain. If I had to do it again I would go the same route.

I had to get the oil pump on the turbo updated - verify that your kit has that done. Install gauges from day 1 so that you can verify you are getting the psi that you should and to keep an eye on things.

I also run Roto-Pax gas and storage on the rear of the tunnel - I ended up building a snorkel kit with a 90 degree piece of radiator hose to move the intake up. Probably not as big of an issue if you don't mount/carry anything on the tunnel behind the turbo though.

tk

Back