• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quebec next week?

gkw

Extreme
Anyone intested in heading to Canada next week? I am planning to leave from Jackman either Monday or Tuesday and head up to Rivier du Loup or somewhere around there. Trails were excellent there two weeks ago and they are finally having cold weather next week.

PM me or reply here if interested...

GW

gkw said:
Anyone intested in heading to Canada next week? I am planning to leave from Jackman either Monday or Tuesday and head up to Rivier du Loup or somewhere around there. Trails were excellent there two weeks ago and they are finally having cold weather next week.

PM me or reply here if interested...

GW
Just do yourself a favor and leave from randys at long pond camps as they have snow all the way to the border,and all you will find in town is mud and rocks..

gkw said:
head up to Rivier du Loup or somewhere around there.

I rode the whole Gaspe peninsula last week starting from Matane and the trails were excellent. They have plenty of snow.

;)!

I'm heading up to Real Masse in St. Zenon on the 11th coming back the 19th :Rockon:

Bob to bad you aren't staying any longer we are going to St. Zenon on the 18th-22nd.

Badsled, where are you staying? We're going to be at CanadAventure the 18th - 23rd. I'm also going to Lac St.Jean this Weds. the 8th to the 14th.

maddogjeff said:
Where's Jackman? And where's Rivier du Loup?

Jeff,
Jackman is on the northwest tip of Maine, about 30 miles south of St. George Quebec. From either place, Riv du Loop is a days ride, about 220-250 miles if memory serves. About a month ago, we stayed in St. George at the Auberge Benedict Arnold, rode to Riviere du Loop, which is on the south side of the St. Lawrence seaway, and stayed at the Hotel Universal. Next day, we headed up along the seaway to Rimouski and then south down to Degelis, near the NB border. And on the third day, back to St. Georges. Each day was between 220 and 270 miles, well marked, reasonable days, in by dinner time. Great food and entertainment in each location btw. ;)!

http://atlas.gc.ca/site/english/maps/re ... image_view

wolfie said:
maddogjeff said:

Jeff,
Jackman is on the northwest tip of Maine, about 30 miles south of St. George Quebec. From either place, Riv du Loop is a days ride, about 220-250 miles if memory serves. About a month ago, we stayed in St. George at the Auberge Benedict Arnold, rode to Riviere du Loop, which is on the south side of the St. Lawrence seaway, and stayed at the Hotel Universal. Next day, we headed up along the seaway to Rimouski and then south down to Degelis, near the NB border. And on the third day, back to St. Georges. Each day was between 220 and 270 miles, well marked, reasonable days, in by dinner time. Great food and entertainment in each location btw. ;)!

Hey Wolfie - it's hard to beat the food at the Benedict Arnold! Best prime rib on the planet.

mmmmmmmmmmmm.............prime rib.

;)!

vice108 said:
wolfie said:
maddogjeff said:

Jeff,

Hey Wolfie - it's hard to beat the food at the Benedict Arnold! Best prime rib on the planet.

mmmmmmmmmmmm.............prime rib.

;)!

No doubt! My 2 buds got the Chateaubriand for 2 last time we were there, pretty impressive too. And not for nothing, the Universal in Riviere du Loop was just as awesome imo, maybe not the ambience, but the food was incredible. Try the chowder appetizer-unbelievable. I don't go to Quebec for the food, but if you want a high end gourmet meal, those two places are hard to beat.

The Hotel Universal also has individual locking garages (with heat!) for your sleds, indoor pool with hot tub and on-site massages!

And from greater Boston, it really isn't that far to head to Jackman or RdLoup.

Planning to leave Tuesday if anyone is going to be up in the area...

GW

"favarcat" We are going to be staying at LaGlaciere. how far away are you staying?

badsled....stayed there wed - friday this week...great riding...the snow is around 3 feet deep.....we are going back up next friday for the weekend..staying in the cabins....hope to see you...next time we want to stay at the real masse....nice place....have fun and stay north on 343...

we are staying in the cabins as well.

Badsled, CanadAventure is on LacToro About 15 miles north of St.Michelle. (by lake) How many guys do you have going with you or do you have the women going also? This trip the women are going up with us for the week. Have you been to St.Zenon before?

Back