• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question for Hurricane

The only reason it can run higher boost on pump fuel is because the head gasket is thicker than others (lowering the compression ratio more than others). Yes, this kit can run more boost on pump fuel because of that. In the mountains they were running 17#s all day on pump. 15#'s on pump at sea level is pushing it but its doable (meaning you have to use brains when riding) and yes they have a nice intercooler. Even at 14# these things run hard if set-up right. Lowering the compression didn't seem to make the motor to lazy but Howard changes the cam timing to his own set-up which helps response.

Thanks for the info......... i have a brain... but sometimes it disconnects from my thumb...... usually about the same time my other brain takes over......... its almost sex. If my turbo rx1 had hair on it anywhere.... i'd a called it Mrs. Cannon!
Maybe too much Christmas Cheer here!
Thanks again! :jump:

Red, is this the tank your talking about?

Attachments

• Alpine Tank.jpg
    Alpine Tank.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 65
Wildman said:
The only reason it can run higher boost on pump fuel is because the head gasket is thicker than others (lowering the compression ratio more than others). Yes, this kit can run more boost on pump fuel because of that. In the mountains they were running 17#s all day on pump. 15#'s on pump at sea level is pushing it but its doable (meaning you have to use brains when riding) and yes they have a nice intercooler. Even at 14# these things run hard if set-up right. Lowering the compression didn't seem to make the motor to lazy but Howard changes the cam timing to his own set-up which helps response.

Do you know how thick the Impulse head spacer is?

Back