• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question for LakerCR

stoutner

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Website
www.ecsexpress.com
laker,

I pm'd you but it is taking forever to go through.

Quick question, Where can I buy the tool to remove and install the valve springs in the Cylinder head? What is the tool called??? Or, How can I do it without any special tool?

Thanks

stoutner said:
laker,

I pm'd you but it is taking forever to go through.

Quick question, Where can I buy the tool to remove and install the valve springs in the Cylinder head? What is the tool called??? Or, How can I do it without any special tool?

Thanks

You can order the proper tool from Yamaha, Motovan, or Orient Express.

To remove the valves you can take a 10mm deep socket, put it over the retaining cap and give it a quick wack with a rubber mallet - the keepers will fall right out. You can also just take the head to a Yamaha dealer and have them install the valves if you don't want to spend the $ on tool you'll (hopefully) never use again.

you'll probably find ordering a valve shim kit from www.hotcamsinc.com much cheaper that getting them from Yamaha. The attached .xls will also be useful when it is time to re-shim.

Attachments

• Bruce_-_FEB.06-07_Final.xls
    24.5 KB · Views: 213
P/N: YM-04019
P/N: YM-4108, YM-4114

These are the part numbers you can give your Yamaha dealer if you decide to order the tools...

Back