• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Chain case

rb2001srx700

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2001 SRX 700
Hello TY,

I had a question for the guys using the Chain tensioner tool from BOP. Watching his video, it shows how to install and use the rod to see how much tension is on the chain and how much it moved. My question is I tried to install that bolt which was fine. I just could not install the measuring rod due to a hose being in the way. (Ordered in 2021 so should be the new version) This is on a 2020 viper. Anyone else seeing this? Thanks for the help

Hello TY,

I had a question for the guys using the Chain tensioner tool from BOP. Watching his video, it shows how to install and use the rod to see how much tension is on the chain and how much it moved. My question is I tried to install that bolt which was fine. I just could not install the measuring rod due to a hose being in the way. (Ordered in 2021 so should be the new version) This is on a 2020 viper. Anyone else seeing this? Thanks for the help
Another member will get back to you... I never used that tool.

I bought the same tool for my 15 Viper, couldn't install the rod because of the interference with the oil suction side hose and the mag cover. Wondered the same thing, ended up tossing it aside and putting the factory tensioner bolt back in. I attributed it to the chain length compared to a SW maybe, adjuster bolt not threading into the case far enough to allow clearance for the length of the measurement rod.

maybe. I did not count the threads on the bolt. but the sidewinder has 6 threads showing. It will be a while before I can get a count on mine, but will follow up when I can.

Back