• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question for moto man break in people

mmollema

I just got a new nytro this year and want to follow the moto man break in, I was wondering based on the moto man info if I should drain out the semi synthetic oil that comes in the sled for some regular oil before I break it in. Also any other suggestion you can give me for a good successful break in. Thanks :rocks:

I wouldn't worry to much about the oil that came in the sled. Just leave the sled alone till you can ride. Start it, let it fully warm up, then do short runs, keeping the motor loaded. Don't just pin it, don't baby it, roll on the throttle. Might want to warn anyone ridding with you about you intentions as they may bump you if they aren't prepared. Do this for at least fifteen to twenty minutes. Then just ride hard, corner to corner would be preferred. If you manage to get 100+ miles change the oil after the ride, (semisyn) then let her eat. After 1000+ miles change to synthetic and you're set.

Did this for both my Apex and Nytro and never burned a drop of oil and always seem to have a fast sled.

a couple heat cycles of the engine should be done also,rip on it let it cool,rip on it let it cool,always warming up the engine befor rippin on it

ha ha just noticed where you guys are from!!!SA WEET

Yeah, didn't notice that you were from Michigan. If you ride the first day or two in the lower you should be fine. Just keep it loaded between corners. Since lower trails are a bit tighter and less opertunities for long straights it makes it perfect for break-in.

Of coarse this is baring we actually get snow this year.

Try not to run it on the stand to Just to here it. If you do get to the up for the first ride going from Curtis to newberry has some tristies and short bursts. Good spot to break in a sled.

Back