• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question for you guys

yamahamaniac

Expert
This may be a very stupid question but I would like an answer none the less. If your sled has parts on it that were considered a recall but never had the recall done then is it still the dealers responsibility to do the recall now that you know about it? I am asking because I have a '03 Rx-1 M, am it's second owner, and it has the standard '03 coils, jackshaft bearing, and float bowls. Is it the dealers responsibility to give me these and install them at their cost now or is it myresponsibility to buy these parts and pay them to install them all? Well coils I can do myself, the rest is just easier if they do it.

Thanks in advance, maniac

To the best of my knowledge, these issues were NOT recalls. I still have an o3 RX with no problems with the factory equipment. Seems to work just fine! nearly 10 grand on it too! Just keep it greased. What probs did the carbs have? Never had the rack off mine, not once. I Do run seafoam, to keep things cleaned. I cleaned and change out the plugs a couple years ago, just because I thought I should. Cleaned coils once, no probs. Sled runs as good today as the day I bought it in 02.

I bought the Rx-1 new, so wouldn't yammaha had sent a notice out? They do it that way with my car and pick-up. What was the problem with the carbs.

The bowls on the carbs, at least on the mountain edition.They were starving the engine on long,steep climbs and would cut out. I bought my own at a great price and changed them, along with the longer tubes for the main jets to screw into as well.

Only Safety Recalls are free without regards to warranty. Those things you listed are not recalls, they are simply updates and you will have to pay for them if your machine is out of warranty. Kinda taking a wild guess, but I bet you do not have warranty left on your sled.

erosled said:
Only Safety Recalls are free without regards to warranty. Those things you listed are not recalls, they are simply updates and you will have to pay for them if your machine is out of warranty. Kinda taking a wild guess, but I bet you do not have warranty left on your sled.

Not necessarily. My '07 didn't have the cold start update done and it wasn't a safety recall. It was out of warranty and the dealer did it without any hesitation. It depends on the type of update. If it's something that could leave someone stranded (i.e. no start), then I guess they would do it in the interest of customer safety. Could also be if it's something that was incorporated into a later year and could come back on them as a class action.

Back