• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question on the OFT rollover valve

Scott, Jeff I will do my best not to highjack this thread:)

The Four stroke solutions ROV cannot not draw any power while the key is off either. The roll-over valve (ROV) systems are powered through the handle bar kill switch ignition feed circuit. Basiclly what this means is the anytime the key is off position, the ROV harness has no power connected to it and it is isolated from the battery.

The handle bar kill switch is a normally closed cicuit. This means that when you push down the handle bar kill switch, it opens the circuit stopping the engine. The ROV harness is plugged into the handle bar kill switch circuit before or "upstream" of the kill switch. So when the key is on, the ROV still has power to it so it can operate, whether the kill switch is up or down.
Because the ROV tether is electrically in series before the kill switch. When the tether cord is pulled, voltage is cut before it reaches the kill switch.
This can be tested by turning the key, pulling the tether cord and the LED should flash and the valve will close. Then push in and pull up the kill switch, the LED should be flashing whether the kill switch is up or down.

For battery drain concerns, it would need to come from a circuit that is receiving constant battery voltage (key off power). The best way to test for battery drains, is to connect a good quality digital amp meter in series between the ground cable and the battery terminal. There should be almost 0 milliamps draw on a sled. There could be as much as 15 milliamps though if the ECU is receiving a B+ power supply.
I would have to check the wiring diagram for Nytros to see what circuits receive constant B+ power. Probably would be only the ECU though, maybe for some type of "keep alive memory circuit internially.
Usually ECU/modules will draw 15 milliamps or less. Water in electrical connections are another common source of drains.
If there is a draw on the battery, the next step is to start pulling fuses one at a time while looking at the amp meter for a change in draw. This will tell you which circuit it is in.
Batteries will also discharge over time without anything connected to them. Over the years I have seen batteries that are dirty on top discharge fairly quickly. This can be tested by touching one probe of a digital volt meter to a battery terminal and the other lead to the battery case. If you see a voltage reading then the battery should be cleaned dried and re-tested.

Bill

Back