• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Questions for you Phazer owners.

snomaniac said:
woolyviper said:
as far as speed goes, I had mounted my gps on my viper late one season, and took a couple rides with 3 guys and then with 9 in a group. it was interesting to see on the trip data that the average speed with the threshold set on the gps at 5mph was between 35 and 45 mph on both trips - i asked myself "Self? why do you need a sled that can go 114 mph if the average speed is 40 mph?" Now I'm on a phazer, lighter more agile, easy to ride, comfortable, and fast enough to keep up with little effort.
AMEN!!!!! Best post I've seen in a long time. This hits the nail on the head. Figure out what you really need in a sled, and what type rider you are (really). The phazer fits most with some fine tuning. The low end torque.....just gotta love it :4STroke:

Wooly's post is doing a great job selling me on a Phazer! I have had a soft spot for Phazer's since they came out in 07' and finally got to ride a RTX last March at a Demo ride. I rode an Apex, Nytro RTX, Nytro XTX, and the Phazer RTX during the ride. It was amazing to me how much lighter the Phazer felt than the other sleds I rode. You could actually flick it around. I am riding slower in my old age and more off trail. I think the Phazer would fit my current riding style just fine. I have been considering a Nytro XTX for my next sled but will really look hard at a Phazer RTX stretched to 136". G.B.

Back