• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quick question on Attak anti ratchet drivers

rbig18

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper ltx se
Hi,

Just ordered a new track. Ice Attak XT in a 15* 136, 1.22, 2.52 pitch and fully clipped. I am also changing the drive shaft and want to add anti ratchet drivers. Questions so I can order them.

How many tooth? 8 or 9? What came on it? My sled is in Ohio in storage and I am in Texas so i can't look

It seems I can completely remove the outside drivers with these drivers? In other words instead of 4 drivers you just run the two?

What is Yamaha stock drive axle size (Diameter)? I just order a new one for a 2006 Attak and I believe it is 1 1/16th.

Thank you

An 2006 Attack came with 9 tooth drivers. I put 8 tooth anti ratchet drivers on because I run a 2 inch paddle track and yes, you can just run the two antis and you don't need any of the original four drivers. I did this 12,000 miles ago and haven't had a single issue. If you go with the 8 tooth, it will change your gearing a touch and it also takes away some top speed and throws off your speedometer. Nothing drastic on these, but they are something to consider. The drive shaft is 1 and 1/16th.

Thanks for the reply. So with a 1.25 paddle I can go with the 9 tooth anti rachet driver? I think it came with a 1.25 track do it should be the same. Anything else like rail caps to cut etc that needs to be done?

Back