• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Radiator and Fan Kit...updates and reduced price coming fall of 21

I'm thinking about just a van to push the warm air out and at the same time melt ice on the intercooler

I'm thinking about just a van to push the warm air out and at the same time melt ice on the intercooler

Yup, I posted that this morning. I believe it would help get the hot air out, pass the hot air thru the inner-cooler to melt the snow and ice off of the inner-cooler.

Got my frog skin grille installed today I'm gonna test it out in munising Saturday. This should do the trick for off trail guys the radiator/fan may be needed for trail guys but the snow should fall right off this grill now!
IMG_0539.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0540.JPG
    IMG_0540.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 425
Very hard to see in pictures. Can you post some more? Also how much and where from? Thank you. This is a fantastic site!

IMG_0538.JPG
Very hard to see in pictures. Can you post some more? Also how much and where from? Thank you. This is a fantastic site!
I can get closer pics tomorrow it's a cat 9000 grill with frog skin wrapped around it I had laying around from vents I made for my nytro. Total prolly $40 in materials and 1/2 hour time.

My Winder only gets hot when I let it idle when stopped after hard riding. I have frogskinz on the Yamaha front grille piece. Even without the material the Cat design is better at snow buildup prevention because of its shape - and you can leave the flat Yamaha grille in at the same time.

Just wanted to provide an update on this. I now have around 600 miles on the radiator and fan. Unfortunately all of the testing miles were in good snow conditions so I really can't verify the true effect of the fan during marginal conditions.

I spent 2 days up at Excell this week riding and testing. We did an idle test with both my sled and Aaron's sled. Aaron's sidewinder is stock as far as cooling goes. We rode both sleds around to get them up to operating temp. When we brought them to a stop and left them idle they were both at 170 degrees. Activated the fan on my sled and just left them sit and idle. It took 8.5 minutes for Aaron's sled to hit 212 and temp light to come on. At 8.5 minutes my sled was at 203. My sled idled for 3 additional minutes until it hit the 212. This was all at an ambient temp of 30 degrees F.

Finished installing prototype 2 this morning which is a larger radiator and also a larger fan to pull more cfm of air through. Test results to follow!

image.png
image.png

Last edited:
Just wanted to provide an update on this. I now have around 600 miles on the radiator and fan. Unfortunately all of the testing miles were in good snow conditions so I really can't verify the true effect of the fan during marginal conditions.

I spent 2 days up at Excell this week riding and testing. We did an idle test with both my sled and Aaron's sled. Aaron's sidewinder is stock as far as cooling goes. We rode both sleds around to get them up to operating temp. When we brought them to a stop and left them idle they were both at 170 degrees. Activated the fan on my sled and just left them sit and idle. It took 8.5 minutes for Aaron's sled to hit 212 and temp light to come on. At 8.5 minutes my sled was at 203. My sled idled for 3 additional minutes until it hit the 212. This was all at an ambient temp of 30 degrees F.

sounds like about 25% better cooling to me...imagine this and scratchers both....

Update....ambient air temp 16 this morning. rode sled around til everything good and hot. Parked sled and left it idle. Was 168 when I started. With this larger rad and fan it took 21 minutes until the temp light came on at 212. I'm very pleased with these results and I feel it warrants proceeding with the product at this point. Plan to do some trail testing this week.

Back