• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rage clutch rattle - help

Lucas

I have 1000 miles on my Rage and the clutch is really rattling, or should I say it sounds like I might see it come out of the hood soon. I have taken it back to the dealer (at 500 miles) and they turned the spring around? It made the rattling noise before I got it out of the parking lot. I contacted them again and they said that they would try to contact Yamaha again (Yamaha said that they know of no problems of this type when the dealer called them the first time).
This noise starts at about 5000 rpm and continues to approx. 6000 rpm.
I read about shims, o-rings as the cure. Has anyone actually had there’s cured?
I would appreciate any help
Another problem I have is the code 84. The dealer reset the TPS voltage and the first time I tried to move the sled, on came the code 84 along with several times while riding. This is a real safety problem, going into a corner and the machine does a flop and someone rams you in the rear!
Anyone found the answer to this problem? If it truly is a voltage setting, what is it?
Thanks for any help. :o|

Lucas, just read this quote and you can also go on the post (The fix for 2006 clutches is...) it will give all details you need. For the code 84, it is your TORS. Probably your throttle cable doesn’t have the sufficient clearance means too tight. You are due for your first servicing so bring your sled to your dealer and mention those two problems. Same with this issue look at the post TORS problem. There are four pages on that. Hope it help.
Tork, you were right about an O-ring kit to fix the clutch noise for 2006. I was suspicious too when I talk to the parts guy at my dealer. They did receive a complete clutch kit for my sled and also the famous O-ring kit. The complete kit sent by Yamaha was only if needed but the mechanic said that the fix for 2006 is only the added O-rings. Apparently you just bring your sled for your first servicing and mention about the clutch noise and your dealer should call the manufacture to get a kit and install it free of charge.

And by the way Tork, like I mentionned on my post "I think" because I was not sure also why Yamaha will go with an expensive fix when we know that they can always find something cheap and good at the same time. So now everyone knows what is the fix for 2006 and for ours also

Clutch Rattle

I was wondering where the "O" rings go, can you advise. I threw a dab of silicone on the pin bolts that seem to be the source of the rattle. I will check in the AM went it dries. A rubber "O" ring seems like a more professional solution.

Sodes

My rage also had the same noise you have, also at idle. You have to MAKE your dealer call yamaha as they seem to play dumb when you mention this problem. I just got my kit and the O ring goes between a new style spider button and the spider itself. I had made my own shims but now will install this new kit. This new design keeps pressure on the buttons so there is no slop. I hope it works out. My dealer is making me pay for the install.

My Service manager is playing dumb about the clutch noise. He states its normal noise. Can someone provide me with a part # so I can give this to him and see his reaction. I know the noise will not do any damage but if there is a fix I would like to get -er-done.

I tried to get the part # but dealer says yamaha is not releasing one yet. My parts came in a zip lock with no # on it. You will litteraly have to ask them to call yamaha tech, as Yamaha isn't letting them know this fix is available.

Back