• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rage heating in poor snow conditions any ideas?

island_rage05

Extreme
Hey i got an 05 rage and its heating up the snow is hard packed im studded 108 down the middle anyone got any idea's to fix this? ice scrapers or add on heat exchanger? Im running with an 06 ski doo and its not even close to heating maybe ill have to get a doo haha jk but any help would be nice.

I had the same issue and Yamaha added a rear heat exchanger and it has not heated up since the installation last year.

hot sled

I read to add wet water[buy at your auto store] check the anti freeze make sure its 50/50. and the rear heat exchanger is a must.

My 06 Vector will show the heat warning light in low snow conditions, either dip into the powder if there is any to be found or throw some up on the floor boards. Talked to my dealer and he said the light being on is no big deal, he told me if it becomes a problem the sled will shut down, ???

okay well i ordered a set of ice scratches from my yamaha dealership. They got a e mail about sleds over heating in low snow so that part is supposed to be in this week. Ill likely get a rear heat exchanger this summer and put it on. Ill see how these ice scratcher rigs work once they get in and ill let yas know how they are working for me.

I am really hesitant to add any more weight to this sled, scratchers would be a good idea for the slides though. Just turned over 8000 miles on mine, last 4000 on the same set of slides. Ran them on solid ice and burned half of them off in the first 100 miles, been good ever since.

added the rear heat exchanger to my nytro and vector and no more issues. got them through my dealer.

What did they charge for that heatexchanger job ?Was there a part number on that bill ?
THANKS STEVE

no part # on the bill. heat exchangers on both sleds and replacement of a drive axle bearing on one sled was about $475. not cheap but end of the problem.

sorry, i forgot you have a rage. they would be different exchangers but i would think yami still makes them.

Back