• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rangeley, Maine

rx1ton

Extreme
Goin to Rangeley Maine next week to ride, never been there before can anyone tell me how the trails and the riding are in that area? It looks like it should be scenic the way it looks on the map amindst the mountains. Also if there are any good loops to do. Thanks

Rangley Riding

The Riding in the Rangley is excellent, just make sure to get out on the trails early. Towards the end of the day things get rough comming in back to camp. A good rid is to head over to the Jackman area.

I have been there tons of times. Trials are usually OK, they used to be better than Pittsburg Nh but now Pittsburg takes the cake for trail conditions-grooming wise and snowfall. It is very scenic, you should have a great time. If you have any questions email me direct and I can tell you a few good rides to go on and where is fun at night. Where are you staying?

If you have to the time go up and ride the Moosehead Loop Trail around Moosehead Lake...........you take ITS 89 from Eustis to the West Forks and make sure to check out the Ice Falls along the way......When doing the loop around the lake stop at Rockwood and go out on the lake check out Mt Kineo ...................and about 15 miles east of Greenville up ITS 85/86 stop and check out the B52 crash site.............it is a very scenic area and the trails are almost always in great condition........

LOL Its not free you have to get a 3 or 10 days temp registration,or a year registration.The year reg is $69.00 and you can do that on line.I'm pretty sure the 3 day is $45.00 and the 10 day is $55.00. You can get registered at Stubbys market in Rangeley,Its a short walk from Town & Lake.
They have trail maps at the Motel,the black fly loop is a good ride.I was just up there last week your in for some good riding.

What I meant was there were no trail passes to buy like in other states. So in essence, you do ride for free.

Back