• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with a 2020 sidewinder that won’t start

local 25

Pro
Hi, my friend has a 2020 sidewinder that he keeps here in Rangeley Maine inside a trailer. He lives on Nantucket. He just got here and his sled won’t start. I told him I’d try to find out via Totallyamaha. He traveled a long way to get here. Anyways. When you turn the key it cranks over about 1-2 revolutions before the starter stops cranking on its own. Even if you hold the the key on start position, it stops turning over by itself. The fuel pump and everything else is being energized when you turn the key on. It almost sounds like it wants to start. If he could just get one more rotation of the starter. Any ideas ? The battery is brand new and the sled ran fine last week when it had an oil and filter change. Drove it back in the trailer and now it won’t start. Thank you.

Are you sure the battery is good? Try giving him a boost

Warm relays up and try boosting the battery

Yeah the newer sleds don’t keep the starter engaged for long, try what was said above.

if your in Rangeley go over to Rev it up and ask Mike for some advise. The other advise given here is good advise too.

Back