• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear axle

HUS457

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Viper S-TX-DX - Traded
2023 Sidewinder LTX-GT
Hummm. Ok. I bought a leftover 23 Ltx-Gt last February. Recently found out the rear shock was installed upside down at the factory which lead to damage on the rear shock canister & track. Still dealing with that issue.

But in this process I came across the rear axle galling issue. As well the right side axle nut seems like it’s seized into the axle. So I saw some previous threads about the galling. Which explains it, but wow eh? My Viper had a better setup on the rear axle.

So, how about the right side axle nut seeming to be seized into the axle? Is that common? Or is it seized?

I noticed some aluminum shavings in the track under the axle. Not sure if that is from the galling somehow or this seized bolt.

What is everyone doing about these issues? 4 wheel kit & billet adjusters? I’m in Canada so prefer options that avoid duty, brokerage & crazy shipping costs. Which is unfortunate as there are several good options here from US site supporters. But the border sometimes doubles the cost. That’s not to take away from some good Canadian supporters as well though.

I'm in canada and got the jt stealth kit from aberfoyle sports in Ontario.shipping wasn't cheap.

How about contacting the selling dealer and have them adress both issues. IMO it should be taken care of by them !

Hummm. Ok. I bought a leftover 23 Ltx-Gt last February. Recently found out the rear shock was installed upside down at the factory which lead to damage on the rear shock canister & track. Still dealing with that issue.

But in this process I came across the rear axle galling issue. As well the right side axle nut seems like it’s seized into the axle. So I saw some previous threads about the galling. Which explains it, but wow eh? My Viper had a better setup on the rear axle.

So, how about the right side axle nut seeming to be seized into the axle? Is that common? Or is it seized?

I noticed some aluminum shavings in the track under the axle. Not sure if that is from the galling somehow or this seized bolt.

What is everyone doing about these issues? 4 wheel kit & billet adjusters? I’m in Canada so prefer options that avoid duty, brokerage & crazy shipping costs. Which is unfortunate as there are several good options here from US site supporters. But the border sometimes doubles the cost. That’s not to take away from some good Canadian supporters as well though.
JT Products is running the "Summer Sucks Sale" for a limited time at $40 off retail. The savings would cover 80% of the shipping costs!!

I use the additional parts for a 9000RR to add the wheel to the stock set up. I never had a problem with this in the procross chassis.

My plastic delete kit will resolve your issue. The plastic spacers compress and when the two bolts are bottomed out on the axle, the axle can then spin. Kit also adds a 4th wheel. I sell just the spacer kit for $75 US but offer 20%discount to Canadians so your US cost is $60 and shipping is $24. I have wheels too, but you figure you may just want to source them local.

Back