• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear cooler update

badnsx

Hi Guys,
Not wanting to spend $$$ for the big cooler, I thought I could get by with the smaller cooler, So I ordered part #8FS-1241A-10-00, thinking it was the small cooler, as that what it looked like on the micro fiche. Well anyway, long story short, cooler arrived today, and it's the crossover tube that I already had, argh. While waiting for the cooler, I also ordered a rear cooler for a RS Vector off of ebay. Wanting to go sledding, not wanting to wait for back ordered (wrong) cooler, I proceeded to hack, clamp, and rivet my way to a non-overheating machine. I cut the outlet tubes, and re-attached flipped 180 degrees, then bent mounting flanges around. Sure enough it fit perfectly, drilled a few holes, a few pop rivets later, ta-da, new rear cooler, installed. Here's a pic for ya. On a side note, yes my anti-freeze was pure glycol, and my thermostat was stuck closed. Yeah, the fins are pointing the wrong way, but hey, more coolant, more surface area, equals more cooling. Warmed her up on the trailer, everything got nice and hot (ambient air 70F), fan kicked on, but no overtemp light!

Attachments

• rear_cooler.JPG
    rear_cooler.JPG
    490.3 KB · Views: 118

Back