• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Red coolant light?

mateo

Extreme
Question, have a full reservoir, exchanger warm, and full rad. But on first start I get the red coolant light coming on. If she warms up a bit, it goes away.
Any ideas? Wondering if it's just a sensor...

I belive it also means its warming up I get it on my nytro and phazer... Just let it run till it goes away and unless it sits for a while like a few hrs u shouldn't get it once its warm

Its normal I have owed four fourstrokes everyone does it unless engine is warmed to a certain temp. So yes your right its a sensor do not touch the throttle at all before the light goes out or fouling your plugs will possibly occur trust me I have done it on my apex.

Hmm Ok.
Find it a bit strange since its the first time Ive seen it ever. (5 rides now). Maybe I simply missed it before.

THanks for the info.

It comes on when you first start up your sled with a cold engine. Once the motor gets up to running temp, the light goes out. Only time I see it is when I first get ready to ride. Nothing to worry about.

i keep mine in a heated garage and i still get it. It has nothing to do if the engine is warm like temp it is warm because its ran for a while

I know on my R1 it reads lo until it reaches 40*... And then you're clear to ride it.. It would be the same for this light, remains on until a certain temp is reached, then goes out.. Gets to that temp faster in a heated space.. etc

Also when the light is on the revs are limited by the ecu. Had to move my sled once while it was on and found out that way.

i thought there was a problem when i first got my nytro too, but after i checked the manual thats how they work. its kinda nice, there is no guessing when it is warmed up and ready to ride

Back