• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

temp light stays on

coolio

Pro
05 grizzly 660 with a temp light that stays on all the time, even with cold motor. coolant tank is between full and add, fan turns off and on when it is supposed to, wire is attached to temp sensor (I think) by thermostat on top of motor. Tried disconnecting batt cables for 30 min but when I hooked them up the light came back on even with stone cold motor. It is in excellant cond. Any ideas where to start? Is the light just a temp sensor or it it a coolant level sensor as well? There are no sensors on the coolant tank.

Were the heat sensor is on the top of the motor sometimes rubs against the tank and bends the wire or breaks connection , My 06 did this , easy fix but worriesome

temp light

The light stays on when the wire is unplugged from the sensor. However, when you ground the wire out on the motor the temp light will go out. Does this mean that the temp sensor is bad??

Re: temp light

coolio said:
The light stays on when the wire is unplugged from the sensor. However, when you ground the wire out on the motor the temp light will go out. Does this mean that the temp sensor is bad??

That sure sounds like the temp sensor is bad.

Back