• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Reducing the Clunk

KubotaOne

Extreme
Website
web.mac.com
My understanding is that the "clunking" noise coming from the Attak's rear suspension when going over stutter bumps is "normal", specially noticable at slow speeds. It's the transfer rod and limiter strap doing its job.

My question is, can I reduce it by adjusting my suspension or straps? With the lack of snow here in Ontario, most trails are passable, but un-groomed, so my speeds have to be slow, and the annoying clunking sensation is getting to me.

Any suggestions?

LazyBastard said:
You can try to dampen the clunk by replacing the nylon spacers in the upper and lower control rod gaps with rubber bumpers.

Are you thinking of the pro action. He has the monoshock. This is not the same. What abought setting the control rod adjustment for more transfer. I never noticed any clunking in my Attak but also had the control set to max.

Same problem here that mono shock doesnt like studder bumps at low speeds at all tons or weird noices glad its all normal.

Slush Monster said:
LazyBastard said:
You can try to dampen the clunk by replacing the nylon spacers in the upper and lower control rod gaps with rubber bumpers.

Are you thinking of the pro action. He has the monoshock. This is not the same. What abought setting the control rod adjustment for more transfer. I never noticed any clunking in my Attak but also had the control set to max.

It doesnt matter what skid. ANY skid, even a non-yam skid. Make rubber in the control rod.

Today, I noticed mine for the second time... at slow speeds on little bumps... And it didn't do it before... I tightned the track it was at 2 inchs, no change... so look elswere... and tell me what you find...

RASH :o| :o| LaLaLa

Back